On 3/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, AtlantaCamper said:

... A 12v compressor with a cord long enough to reach all around the camper with a dual head straight-on chuck and you are good to go.

I have a pump just like the one mentioned, and I don’t think there’s any way to connect a separate chuck to it. Is that what you were suggesting?

1 hour ago, Ctgriffi said:

I don’t think there’s any way to connect a separate chuck to it.

I found a version that had a threaded male end (not sure how rare that is) and it looks like this:

IMG_20190326_210836674.jpg.0bbbb3714992309030d395ba8ec2d5d1.jpg

I set up the rest of it with an additional length added to the supplied lamp cord.  I put a big spade connector set spliced in so I could use it with a cigarette lighter or an extra connector I have accessible from outside for 12v accessories.

IMG_20190326_211055130.jpg.8992a11e81046e2bba884114b51cd547.jpg

ok SO i filled the air bags through the side valves- that was the easy part. i could not take my rig out to test the balance because...dun dun dun.. i have a bulging tire. i have posted about it on another thread, trying to figure out what kind of tire i should try to get... but the other thread was....divided. any ideas here?

got my new tires! will see how they go. got a good price, and same day. SO APPRECIATE all your help- I was able to walk in and ask for exactly what I needed without sounding like the noob i am 😜

ALSO- got covers for my spare and tires for when my rig has to sit. ( i take her out every other week or so to stretch, but it can be quite brief)

• 1 year later...

Jumping back on to say that I DID get the drag issue resolved- it was a case of squashed air bags. I have posted other questions elsewhere, but am faced with so many DIY projects for Tortuga (our dolphin) that I am feeling overwhelmed. I am so grateful I checked this thread again, though, because I needed a new tire filling option- Linda, you saw that post. I needed some fill valve assistance, and your point here was just what I needed.

On another note, has anyone just paid someone to put a new metal or fiberglass shell on a dolphin?

Right. I LOVE the design and layout and space of our dolphin, and though I keep looking at converted vehicles, I would love to fix up the one I actually have. It's ultimately a question of how much it will cost to fix her up. I will likely have to pay someone to do a lot of the work, but will do what I can! This  forum really is gold- where else could I talk Dolphin?! 😜 NO one in my world gets it.