Hello, 

I went through three pages of forum discussions on caulk and only found one recommendation.  That was dicor.  Is this the caulk that most use for their Sunrader?

Thank you 

Dicor lap sealent is a favorite for all RVs. Nothing is specific for just a Sunradar. The lap sealent is for flat surfaces.

5 hours ago, linda s said:

There is nothing on a Sunrader that needs lap sealant. Remove and remount the affected part with the correct butyl tape. 

Linda S

Hey Linda, thank you.  It looks as if the gas filler neck was just caulked around.  I would like to remove and re-install it correctly.  Also, the seal around the door and the fender flares needs replacing.  Have you been able to find a suitable replacement?  I looked at a shower door seal and it is almost identical except it is not all rubber.

Edited by djwilhoite
misspelled word

No, no replacement for the wheel and door trim seal. Show me the shower door seal. I'd like to see it. For all those lovers of lap seal. I just found out this morning that on my trip yesterday my roof vent fell off. Now I have to get a new one once again. That makes 3 times in 14 years. If I had lap seal all over those screws it would be a nightmare. I do not. All I have to do is unscrew it and put in a new one. None have ever leaked with only butyl. They just don't last that long

Linda S

What's left of the seal at the gas filler tube is still flexible so I'm guessing it's butyl too

28 minutes ago, linda s said:

No, no replacement for the wheel and door trim seal. Show me the shower door seal. I'd like to see it. For all those lovers of lap seal. I just found out this morning that on my trip yesterday my roof vent fell off. Now I have to get a new one once again. That makes 3 times in 14 years. If I had lap seal all over those screws it would be a nightmare. I do not. All I have to do is unscrew it and put in a new one. None have ever leaked with only butyl. They just don't last that long

Linda S

What's left of the seal at the gas filler tube is still flexible so I'm guessing it's butyl too

Linda here is the link.  In the morning I will take a picture of it on the door frame and you will see that it is an almost perfect match.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3IBA2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by djwilhoite
misspelled word

16 hours ago, linda s said:

I did see these when searching for something that would work but I thought they were hard plastic and wouldn't curve where we need it to. Yeah love to see it on the door

Linda S

You are correct.  That is the problem. They have a silicone part and a hard plastic part.   It would be perfect were it not for the hard plastic.  (see pic) also, we would like to remove all windows and butyl tape them as well.  Have you been able to find new gasekts for them?  I was looking at the top of the truck cab where it meets the camper.  I am not sure what is supposed to be there, but it appears to have a slight gap.