Putting Air Bags in the Back. Looking for suggestions on brands.

Hi all looking at airbags for the back of the 83 sunrader 18ft 2WD.

these firestone ride rites  ( $321 ) ...(https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4594&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm6HaBRCbARIsAFDNK-gbt7dyHSDALB8cUgyDP9XBjnlvp4bwM00FuT_l4q0HL8ykJiMl_cMaAjEAEALw_wcB

... have been popping up often in my forum browsing and searches but thought id hear from you guys before pulling the trigger.. any thoughts? suggestions?

19 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Do another search for 'Airlift'. :)

lifetime warrenty sounds pretty good to me! thanks. I wonder if anyone has the origonal specs for factory wheel height on an 83 sunrader 18ft? how would i find that out?

19 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Do another search for 'Airlift'. :)

i called airlift. they said they have one that fits 86-91 toyo mini motorhomes... mines an 83... 1 ton i have i believe was on a 92 Duely pickup... any thoughts on a model number airlift that might work?

Firestone fit almost all years and mount almost the same as airlift. Maybe it's just a liability thing because of the lifetime warranty. Bet they'll fit but of course the warranty will no longer apply. 

Linda S

1 hour ago, Bsunrader said:

I put air lift bags on my mh it is a 1978 sunrader it was one of the best things  I did 

20180609_102313.jpg

remember the model number? how log have you had them on there?

17 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

I'm sure the Airlift kit will work fine on a pre-86. Just might have to do a little fabricating but probable with Firestone kit too.

60 day return if i have a problem they said too.

2 hours ago, linda s said:

Firestone fit almost all years and mount almost the same as airlift. Maybe it's just a liability thing because of the lifetime warranty. Bet they'll fit but of course the warranty will no longer apply. 

Linda S

yeah i should ask about the warrenty being null if i tweak.

4 hours ago, Bsunrader said:

I put air lift bags on my mh it is a 1978 sunrader it was one of the best things  I did 

20180609_102313.jpg

what was the install like... did you get this kit? 

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7242

2 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Any 'tweeking' won't be to the air spring itself, which is what's covered by the warranty.

i see airlift seemed to be encouraging me to try them so sounds like it will probably work. 

Hello all....on our 90 Odyssey we have rear airbags from 3 T-S RV Products...www.3tsrv.com ...... Its a T-9 Sistem air bag and the bags it self are made by firestone. It sells the full kit at low $300s.....They seen to be reliable and hold air quite well....we keep both sides at 35PSI. I believe they have the bags for all Toyota’s micro mini. Hope that helps!