I have a question that maybe hopefully the members can answer

on six lug dually rims some have six hand holes and some have only three. Are they interchangeable? do they have the same lug spacing?

Thanks oldgriz.

I have the 6 hand hole on my 86. That was the only year they made them. Lug spacing is the same but one of them, I don't remember which needs a cone shaped lug nut and one is flat. Means if you put a flat one where a cone should be it won't tighten properly and be centered. I don't now if I mentioned this to you yet but it's important so better to say it again. Rear driver side wheel has reverse lug nuts and studs. Many have had studs broken by tires guys who didn't know. Only that wheel is wonky.

Linda S

2 minutes ago, linda s said:

I have the 6 hand hole on my 86. That was the only year they made them. Lug spacing is the same but one of them, I don't remember which needs a cone shaped lug nut and one is flat. Means if you put a flat one where a cone should be it won't tighten properly and be centered. I don't now if I mentioned this to you yet but it's important so better to say it again. Rear driver side wheel has reverse lug nuts and studs. Many have had studs broken by tires guys who didn't know. Only that wheel is wonky.

Linda S

I have the six hand hold rear dually rims on my 86 . I might have a lead locally on two of the six lug three hand hold rims so I am wondering if the will interchange with the ones I have.  The dually rims I have use cone lug nuts. And yes I am aware of the reverse threads.

I thought you were going to use them for the front conversion. If that's the case then the hubs that you will be putting on the front only came with 3 hand hole wheels so they would be fine. If you want to put them in the back for some reason put them on the inside

Linda S

1 hour ago, linda s said:

I thought you were going to use them for the front conversion. If that's the case then the hubs that you will be putting on the front only came with 3 hand hole wheels so they would be fine. If you want to put them in the back for some reason put them on the inside

Linda S

Hi linda I have six lug dually rear rims and five lug rims on the front and no spare tires for either so the plan is to convert the front to six lug and then I only need one spare tire. I don't care if I have six and three  hand hold rims , but I would like to be able to use them front or back.

So you need 3 dually wheels and they will probably be all 3 hand holes. No problem that I can see. 3 hand hole spare will be fine on the front and in the back there is always a way to rotate the tires so the 6 hand hole is on the outside with the 3 hand hole on the inside. You think too much.

Linda S

I found out we have the same leaf springs and since tomorrow is getting dirty day, yardwork, I'm going to measure mine. Now I have to know if ours are different than the later ones. Can't imagine how they could be.

7 hours ago, linda s said:

So you need 3 dually wheels and they will probably be all 3 hand holes. No problem that I can see. 3 hand hole spare will be fine on the front and in the back there is always a way to rotate the tires so the 6 hand hole is on the outside with the 3 hand hole on the inside. You think too much.

Linda S

I found out we have the same leaf springs and since tomorrow is getting dirty day, yardwork, I'm going to measure mine. Now I have to know if ours are different than the later ones. Can't imagine how they could be.

My issue was not placement I just wanted to know if they would fit on the front or back. As long as they work I don't care if they look all the same . as far as over thinking it when it comes to spending money you bet, considering so many people don't think at all ill take that as a compliment.?????

IMPORTANT stuff...The 3 hole vs 6 hole thing, additional info. They use different wheel nuts.

The 6 hole uses a flanged nut and the 3 hole uses a coned nut. The wheels are centered differently.

55 minutes ago, WME said:

IMPORTANT stuff...The 3 hole vs 6 hole thing, additional info. They use different wheel nuts.

The 6 hole uses a flanged nut and the 3 hole uses a coned nut. The wheels are centered differently.

Thanks that cleared that up linda mentioned it in her post above but I wasn't sure. That means that I can't use a the hole with a six hole on the same side. Which won't work for me as I want them all the same so I only have to carry one spare .

The search continues for three six hand hold dually rim's

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. 

2 wheels for the front. Need 3 hand hole for that because those hubs didn't come out until 1987. 1 spare. Can use it on the inside of rear if needed and it will not effect how the nut centers the wheel at all. You got enough wheels back there to always rotate the correct 6 hand hole to the outside. I could care less about how it looks too. Just trying to explain that for your needs, 3 hand holes are fine. 6 hand hole wheels are close to impossible to find.

Linda S

1 hour ago, linda s said:

2 wheels for the front. Need 3 hand hole for that because those hubs didn't come out until 1987. 1 spare. Can use it on the inside of rear if needed and it will not effect how the nut centers the wheel at all. You got enough wheels back there to always rotate the correct 6 hand hole to the outside. I could care less about how it looks too. Just trying to explain that for your needs, 3 hand holes are fine. 6 hand hole wheels are close to impossible to find.

Linda S

Ok thanks linda that clears it up now in my mind . Then I will go for it they only have two rims so I will want to find a third but this puts me closer to my goal of what I want to do to my rig I will post pics of how it turns out when I do it.

Thanks for helping an old fart out I do appreciate all the help

Peace out oldgriz.

• 4 months later...

Yes I am I have found some but either they have been sold out from under me or they are to far I had a line on six in Colorado but they didn't want to take the old tires off and ship them to me and I was willing to pay extra for reasonable shipping. But so far no luck. Im in Albuquerque New Mexico where are you located?

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, Oldgriz said:

Yes I am I have found some but either they have been sold out from under me or they are to far I had a line on six in Colorado but they didn't want to take the old tires off and ship them to me and I was willing to pay extra for reasonable shipping. But so far no luck. Im in Albuquerque New Mexico where are you located?

Hello Sorry I didn't see your reply until now.  I have some without tires.  I want to clear $100 per rim to pay for the time it will take me to get it packed and shipped, so shipping including packaging is around $50 depending on your zip.  I can get you an exact quote, if you let me know how many you want.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, WME said:

This comes up occasionally,  does anyone have a part # for aftermarket  flanged nuts,  I have the Toyota # but Toyota says discontinued!