My factory Kohler 2.5CMZ generator has been acting up...I believe the carb is gummed up. I bought a new one, and now on closer inspection it seems like the entire generator might have to be removed to get the carb out...hope I'm wrong. Anyone have experience removing their carb?

On 5/4/2018 at 1:58 PM, Eric Day said:

My factory Kohler 2.5CMZ generator has been acting up...I believe the carb is gummed up. I bought a new one, and now on closer inspection it seems like the entire generator might have to be removed to get the carb out...hope I'm wrong. Anyone have experience removing their carb?

Having no ideal how it's mounted in the camper you maybe able to remove the carb and manifold as one unit I'm figuring getting to the bolt on the engine side of the carb is going to be a treat from the picture in the manual.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:58 PM, Eric Day said:

You should be able to just unbolt the intake manifold/carb/airbox as an assembly and pull it out. I believe you have the same setup as my Itasca. 

• 1 month later...