92 Spirit - Replacement LP LPG Propane Regulator - Source?

92Toy_IT320RB

1992 Toyota Winnebago Itasca Spirit 320RB

The propane service valve, or shut-off valve [Manchester V20373/V21202 LP Service Valve] is leaking when in the fully open position, so I will be replacing it. . I have found the part on both eBay and Amazon.

Since I will be disassembling to replace the valve, I think it would be a good idea to also replace the regulator and compartment at the same time:

-- Per the Winnebago Parts Catalog, if coach was assembled "FROM 00-00-00 THRU 03-24-92" the parts are as follows:

Number 11 - Winnebago p/n 076301-01-000 = Regulator-Two Stage M*Brass 273-00

Number 13 - Winnebago p/n 081938-01-000 = Compartment-LP Regulator

-- BUT if coach was assembled "FROM 03-25-92 THRU 99-99-99" the parts are different as follows:

Number 12 - Winnebago p/n 106150-01-000 = Regulator-Two Stage M*Brass 293-00

Number 13 - Winnebago p/n 105658-01-000 = Compartment-LP Regulator

I'm not finding any of these parts online, so my question is:

Can someone with experience in this area recommend an easily obtainable and compatible regulator (a functional equivalent) that will install easily in the same location, and work just like the existing one?

Here is a link to the 92 Spirit parts catalog [LP System is described on page C-03, which is page 23 of the pdf file]:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/1992/92it320rb.pdf

Edited by 92Toy_IT320RB

Fixing things isn't just about finding part numbers. Those parts you can't find are just the 2 stage regulator, a vertical one,  and the cover that goes over it. That one Winnebago uses looks to have an elbow attached before the regulator.

You do know there is still propane in your system no matter how much you try to let it out, right. Have you figured out how to remove the tank yet from your camper. Those Winnebago's have them in a difficult spot. You must remove it because if you manage to find all the parts and fix it, you still have to take the tank in to have it flushed before it can be refilled.

I'm not propane paranoid but that is not a job I would  attempt. Think only Totem has done it here and it wasn't an easy task

Linda S

@Derek

Thanks for the link.

What are the differences between the slightly different model numbers? . Are the differences functionally significant? . Will they all work satisfactorily in my application?

[catalog 11] "Regulator-Two Stage M*Brass 273-00"

[catalog 12] "Regulator-Two Stage M*Brass 293-00"

[ebay] Marshall LP Regulator - 2 Stage Model 290-00

[ebay] Marshall LP Regulator - 2 Stage Model 290-01

Edited by 92Toy_IT320RB
more info

Partly answering my own question with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-LP-Regulator-2-Stage-Model-290-01-605H-BOTTOM-VENT-/272973526353?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

excerpt from eBay description:

"No Longer Available / Use Camco 59313 shown under Related Products. / Model 290-00. The regulator, unlike the old two piece designs, combines both regulators in a single compact unit. It performs the same pressure reducing function of a single stage low pressure regulator, except that it does so in two stages. The first stage reduces cylinder pressure to app. 10 lbs. and sends it to the second stage where it is reduced to 11" water column. Because the pressure is reduced in two stages, and because the second stage receives a consistent inlet pressure, the regulator does not have to work as hard. The result is a safer, more efficient system. Zinc die- cast. Molded rubber diaphragm. Second stage relief mechanism per U.L. 144. Mounting holes 3-1/2" on center. 160,000 BTU capacity. Inlet: 1/4" FPT. Outlet: 3/8" FPT. Dimensions: 5-3/4" L X 3-1/8" W X 2-5/8" H."

Edited by 92Toy_IT320RB
clarity

Be careful with Camco regulators. I had a total of 4 bad regulators from them about a year ago. 

Try “Propane Warehouse”. I’ve had good luck with their product. 

2 hours ago, fred heath said:

Be careful with Camco regulators. I had a total of 4 bad regulators from them about a year ago. 

Try “Propane Warehouse”. I’ve had good luck with their product. 

Ditto to that. The Camco I got leaked immediately. Got lucky and the place I bought it from dug an old stock Marshall one out of the warehouse.

Excuse me but Derek gave you a link to the Winnebago regulator with the bend. Why on earth wouldn't you just get the right one. There are still lots of old stock Marshall regulator around

Linda S

13 hours ago, linda s said:

Excuse me but Derek gave you a link to the Winnebago regulator with the bend. Why on earth wouldn't you just get the right one. There are still lots of old stock Marshall regulator around

What does "with the bend" mean? . Why is the regulator "with the bend" the wrong one? . What would the "the right one" look like?