92 Spirit - Foam Rubber Seal for Coach Door - Source?

92Toy_IT320RB

Year & Model: . 1992 Toyota Winnebago Itasca Spirit 320RB

I want to replace the foam-rubber seal / weatherstrip / moulding that runs around the inside edge of the passenger-side coach entry door.  Looks like I'll need about 20 lineal feet of seal.

a) . Do I need to use the Winnebago OEM replacement part? . If so, from where do I order it, and how much will it cost?

b} . Or, can I use an inexpensive, good-quality, functional equivalent from eBay, Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, RV Parts Country, Camping World, Autozone, O'Reilly, Napa, or other supplier?

c) . Please make suggestions and provide links if you have them.

In cross section view, the existing seal resembles a very broad and open "V" shape, with about 120 degrees between the two "wings" or "sides" of the "V".

1) . One wing of the "V" is flat and adheres to the door. . I call this the flat wing. . It measures about 3/32" Thick (in cross section) x 7/16" Wide (in cross section)

2) . The other wing of the "V" is curved [curved concave towards the middle of the "V"] and gets thinner toward the tip of the "wing". . I call this the curved wing. . This curved wing measures roughly 3/32" Thick x 3/8" Wide. . [The convex side of the curved wing is the surface that presses against against the door frame when the door is closed, thus sealing the gap between the door frame and the door.]

See attached photo: . In the photo, the seal is standing on the flat wing (adhesive side down), and the curved wing is projecting upwards and to the right.

[Note to Website Staff: . As I was creating this post, a spontaneous emoticon kept appearing in place of the characters "b)" . I was finally able to suppress the spontaneous appearance of the emoticon by replacing the text "b) . " with the text "b} . "]

RV door seal.jpg

Edited by 92Toy_IT320RB
add photo

• 1 month later...

I have the same year and model RV...Mine seems to have been replaced at sometime with a thick foam tube. It's not great. I'm looking for the same thing, as well as any suggestions for door hardware. I find I constantly catch my sleeve, or something on the knob that sticks out of the frame. Also, my screen door does not close smoothly. One area rubs quite hard against a part of the frame, so it is impossible to keep the door and the screen door together when opening the door. Not sure if it is out of whack, or ?? Has anyone else had this issue?