89 Cabover big leak, Rebuild cost/labor/tips.....?

longhaul

As many of us know, the outer bottom seams on the cabover like to open up, then water gets in under the cabover bed floor and soaks/rots up... soft floor/crunchy/..... 

I found what otherwise looks like a good Odyssey, 89 v6 for an ok price.      I had this rot on my first Toye (winnebago v6) though not this bad, had it repaired at an rv dealer, think was about 1300$. Anybody done it themself competently... or have other ball parks for what a good rv place would get to do it....?   It seems pretty much just in the floor, maybe up the wall a bit/bottom wood stringer.... do the odysseys have all wood frame? (do warriors or others have steel/metal frames?)         Im pretty handy, just havent done it before, how much work/tips/steps? Or more importantly other stuff to check on this rot area before buying that would make a deal breaker? (i can check the other systems and such on the toyhome). 

I attached a pic, zoom in...

I also know of a 94 warrior that has its whole inner ceiling sagging down.... steel frame? or junk?

odyssey leak spot.jpg

It's not too hard but there is always more you will find once you start taking it apart.

Basic carpentry skills are all that is required.

I did a major interior renovation on a 1981 diesel.  If it weren't a rare diesel the cost would have outweighed the benefit.  This is something you need to decide when purchasing.  Rot equals time.  Materials are not going to be much but add in a few months of work and you will need to decide if it is a good deal or not.

http://www.toymike.com/diesel/pics/D-reno/interior.html

There's always a little bit of final work to keep the water from coming back in

http://www.toymike.com/diesel/pics/D-reno/roof.html