SoCal Mechanic Recommendations?

Cynxing

Hello All, I have owned my 87 Dolphin for a whopping 3 weeks!  Very excited and want to do right by The Beast.

I need to get an initial tune up done and go over the automotive systems with a mechanic who knows the 22RE well, and has an appropriate lift.  I am in Southern California in the Oxnard area. 

Can anyone steer me to an excellent fellow/gal who doesn't mind (and is able to) converse about what s/he finds?  I am a basic shade tree mechanic going back to my original vehicle of choice  in the 80-something little pick up truck genre.  The gender divide is tedious and I'd love to find someone reputable who is over it and can just talk - one motorhead to another.

Not a lot of response. I don't know anyone in the Oxnard area and truth is I don't know a mechanic who has the time to chat about what he or she does. Life costs money and their time at work needs to be about working, not showing you how to be a home mechanic. I'm lucky enough to have a son-in-law mechanic but even he gets tired of answering my stupid questions. Lots of the mechanical stuff I've done has just been winging it and hoping for the best. The members here are usually always up for questions but some stuff is hard to explain online.

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan literally has a "hole in the wall" garage with a lift.  As you can see, my little Dolphin barely fits in, but she did.  He can lift one end at a time. He has an extensive tool collection and has been a mechanic for 40 or so years.  This is his retirement gig.  Mostly he likes to work on fancy shmancy cars but he's not above working on wee little RVs.  He will not charge the shmancy rates for the old Toyotas.  He's from the UK and so has an amusing accent.  He's an honest bloke.  He said he would be happy to at least look at other rigs to see if he can help.  He can be found in Oxnard CA and you can text him at 620 - 504 - 2930 and tell him Cynthia sent you. 

IMG_8665.JPG