RV toilet crappy design

I have a potty question for all you potty experts. 1f609.png?
Little background...I pulled the Thetford Model AM IV HI toilet out of our rig today to replace the original (yuck) carpeting in the bathroom. I was really surprised when I flipped the throne over and realized that their was a big cavity inside the toilet. I had always thought that there was a tube from the toilet valve that led directly into the black tank. How can this design fly? There are nooks and crannies and places for all kinds of nasty things to hang around in! Yuck.
My question is this....Is there any RV toilet that is configured to NOT have a cavity between the toilet flush valve and black tank but to, instead, have a tube that connects the valve and black tank?

I dont think so. The valve has to move a long way to fully open the drain.

Clean it, re-install with new gaskets...ferget bout it:wacko:

I think that is what we will do. I will continue to investigate a potty that makes sense to me. Don't have time to mess around a lot with this as we are going to Ocean Lakes for 10 days in 6 weeks. I have "long way to go and a short time to get there". 

I highly recommend a high rise toilet don with a foot pedal to flush. If you can afford it a porcelain toilet or porcelain liner is much easier to clean. The new toilets flush much better also!