91 Warrior - Kitchen Sink Cover / Cutting Board

Ctgriffi

Looking for a good-fitting replacement cover for the right-hand portion of our double stainless sink. I've still got the original (laminate-over-chipboard) cover, but it's pretty nasty and badly needs an upgrade. I see a lot of different sizes online but wasn't sure if there are clear "standards" for RV sink dimensions. Appreciate any suggestions for a replacement.

(Original cover outer dimensions: 14 1/4" x 11 3/8" || Inner dimensions: 13 1/4" x 10 3/8")

I took mine to a small local shop that made and installed home counter tops out of various materials.  Using the old one as a pattern, they made me one out of scrap pieces. It cost me $25.

I had a similarly skuzzy cover, and thought about making my own replacement.  But then I found this on Amazon. It has sliding feet to keep it in place, and a cutout so than you can run water when using the board. 

image.png

I found a ready made bamboo cutting board that very nicely.

20170627_214359.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

All good ideas, food for thought, and I appreciate the replies, Scripal, KGordon, and Darrel!

I ended up finding a lightweight bamboo cutting board which fit across the top of my sink perfectly. Added four rubber feet to the bottom (had to measure very carefully!) with stainless steel screws that are countersunk into the top. Feels secure and looks pretty good!

cutting-board-for-RV.jpg

Very nice! Luckily my original sink cover looks new. Don't use it as a cutting board though!