On 5/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, linda s said:

It's not that hard to do it the right way. Your option is a temporary fix and possibly a not very good looking one. We have seen so many campers gunked up with caulk and silicone and it's an ordeal to remove cleanly.

Linda S

Ok so now I know I have the right material with butyl tape, and I have some plastic putty knives hopefully these are my last two questions  Question 1 do I need more than butyl tape? It's my impression that butyl tape goes on the inside and that a small bead of sealant goes on the outside, as well dot-dot-dot or am I combining two different Technics?  Second question, unfortunately I have not found any links to YouTube tutorials on window ceiling. Do you have one you could send me?

They came with only butyl tape. No eternal caulk so that's the way I have always done mine. I haven't experienced the butyl tape failing yet and it's been quite a few years. I don't know what you mean by window ceiling , please explain

Linda S

Window SEALING .... these are the times that I miss the large screens where I can proofread, dictation screws me up 

Here's a quick video. He does use caulk after but his trailer has corrugated siding not smooth like a Sunrader. Harder to seal a wavy surface. He also uses a board to keep the window in place to get the trim strip back in. Butyl tape is extremely sticky. My huge rear window didn't budge when I pushed it in. Doesn't hurt to have a friend there just in case though if it should fall. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belS_95xLcA

Yes it's really that easy

Linda S

• 1 month later...