82 Odyssey - Desmog but keep EVAP?

3Daves

Just bought an '82 Odyssey with a 22R.   Plugs were black upon inspecting engine, but otherwise the engine is very clean, with about 88K miles.  New to this engine, so started doing research, which led to de-smogging the engine.  Not yet running, still in the process of doing the up (down?) grade.  I didn't like the idea of all of those fifty or so vacuum lines running everywhere as "single points of failure"; and I knew that they'd just make it impossible to troubleshoot under harsh conditions.   I have nothing against emissions control, but I'm pretty sure that it's not working, and I wanted something easy to troubleshoot on the road.  I kept the PCV valve, and would like to re-engage the EVAP, so that gas/vapors aren't vented into the atmosphere.   If I can't, then that's ok, but would like to try.  So, my questions:  1-  Is there a way to keep the basic EVAP functionality, even if diminished,  in this situation? (using the existing ECM module, or just hooking the EVAP system up passively, somehow).  2- Can I find a generic charcoal canister to replace the old one?   3- (and unrelated to eariler questions) How important is it to keep the air pump working? If disabled, will it ruin the catalytic converter?    BTW, the new carb is a Weber 32/36; jetted for high altitude (7000').  Thanks!

Long read, but there pics...

This guys sell conversion kits, more reading...http://www.lcengineering.com/LCTechPages/carbtech.html