• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CaliforniaBoy

CaliforniaBoy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a Toyota MH, I need it to sleep 6, 2 adults, 4 kids, does this exist, which models and years, Thanks for your help

#2 Pat

Pat

Gold Member

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Depends on the size of what you call "kids".

#3 Shoprat

Shoprat

Ya Baby!

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

Howdy California Boy.
That number of adults and kids would probably be unworkable in a Toy. The maximum number I would see using a Toy would be two small children and two adults. But, I guess you could go with hammocks...

#4 thepager5

thepager5

Gold Member

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hey there, we have an 86 dolphin. queen bed, couch makes double, and table lays down for single but could be double w/small kids. 21' in length. We have 3 kids - 16, 12, & 8 we are cozy but fine.

Attached Thumbnails

• Copy_of_DSCF3946.JPG
  • Copy_of_DSCF3953.JPG
  • Copy_of_DSCF3956.JPG
  • Copy_of_DSCF3962.JPG
  • DSCF3963.JPG

#5 bufbooth

bufbooth

Ya Baby!

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

My floor plan has the queen size bed over the cab and a couch that turns into a double, my table does not turn into a bed, but with the two beds we are also cozy, but can sleep two adults and three kids (6 to 11). I will be adding bunk beds, one over the table and one over the couch which will give each of the kids their own bed and will completely open up the hallway.

If you get a Toyota with the three beds (over cab, couch, and dinner table) you might be fine.
Another option is to turn the front truck seats into a bed for one of the smaller kids by putting a
piece of plywood across the seat and put a rollup form mattress on it, it will be like a small
room once the curtains go up. We have done this on our 2007 Yellowstone trip for our 6 year
old and he loved it, he even had his own light, the overhead cab dome light.

Dennis...

Be sure to ask me about the July 25th - 28th 2014 Mid-West Toyota Toy-In Rally - Wisconsin Dells, WI.

#6 SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

One thing I am always amazed at, is the number of creative floor plans they had back then! And I have never seen another one like mine, which is an 85 Rogue.
'85 Toyota Rogue
22R 4-speed

Link to the New Yahoo! Forum

#7 86rader

86rader

Ya Baby!

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

what type of layout does your rogue have?

#8 Gottasmilealot

Gottasmilealot

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

Mine sleeps two in the overhead bunk and two on the dinette bed, however, the rig works best with only two, as there's really not enough storage room for more than two adults. Two adults and two kids are doable for a weekend. The other consideration is safety. The dinette seats have seat belts, but the dinette is across the back of the rig, which has riders sitting sideways to the forward motion of the vehicle, so the seatbelt benefit is greatly diminished.

#9 SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

• Toyota Advanced Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

what type of layout does your rogue have?

It has a cabover double bed, and at the far back is a bathroom w/shower. As you walk toward the back, there is a chair just left of the door, then the sink & stove/oven. On the right is a foldout bed just across from the side door, and then cabinets & refrigerator before you hit the bathroom. I think it's longer than SunRaiders & Dolphins but havent' measured it yet.
'85 Toyota Rogue
22R 4-speed

Link to the New Yahoo! Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users