Did Anyone Have Trouble Logging In This Morning?

Derek up North

HELLO?...Hello?...hello?

Is anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Would someone please tell Greg to stop fixing the website?

He is starting to really freak us out Royal.

~Riverman77

I now realize that I have an addiction. I was going through serious toyotomotorhome.com withdrawal. I did not realize how often checked out this site until it went down.

Normally I get through winter months by thinking about camping, motorcycles, bicycling, etc and two of my favorite sites were down at the same time.

Thanks Greg for getting back on line, I will stop banging my head on the wall now.

What a pleasant surprise this morning having the site back up. Missed the chat.

Sorry Totem but you will probably have to change it back yourself. I don't know or understand the workings of a website like this and everything is done by Greg the owner. He does what he does. I'm going to settle for just being thankful were still here

Linda S

Hallelujah. Man I was really getting worried.

Linda S

Amen!!

And many thanks to Greg for working through the holidays so we could enjoy this fantastic site. I tip my glass to you, Greg.

Uh huh.... Right .....only MY avatar reverted back to one from 2 avatars ago...but no one else's did. Others can have Canadian maple leafs, Eagles, frogs, Obama campaign icons but I can't have America.... Is there no end to the hatred of America these days? And before any political accusations get made , it IS America, as she is today. Not an elephant, not a donkey, or a moon or cross, nude person, but a map. Sheesh. My avatar should be allowed to be what it was. Shame on you.

Maybe we do indeed have the 'power'. But I've got better things to do with my time and probably would have chosen a different avatar anyway.

Well "power" does nothing if you don't know how to use it. I'm always afraid if I try to change too much I will totally mess things up. I have no idea how I would even find his old avatars. Are they still on here somewhere? Silly

Linda S

I think we would have had to go to the trouble of saving his old avatar with the fiendish plan to use the file at a later date. Perhaps in a computer buried deep under a famous grassy knoll? ;)

Yeah kind of extreme. To all our members, we don't get paid for our work here. We do it because we love Toyota motorhomes. We do not have the time to single out individuals from our over 6500 members. If you post offensive materials and refuse to stop we can and will ban you from posting on the group and we can delete those offensive posts. These actions are almost never taken except for obvious scammers. Yes there are members I don't particularly like but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate your knowledge and positive input on this site. Hell sometimes I don't like Derek. Well lots of times but I have always appreciated and respected him too. Lots of people getting along as well as we can and hopefully learning as much as we can in the process

Linda S

So "he" is still convinced, but never accused a specific terminator. Certainly hate or not like me if that is your desire. Ban those that are so offensive, sure... Lord knows we cannot have any riff raff calling air springs air bags. All I know is that my account avatar was changed and not by me, so if not by me then whom? I hear a lot of talk but not much substance. I don't expect you to be paid to do what you like, but I have donated money to the site and even sent some in here free parts.. I know , i know, I am such a monster....hahahaha sickening enough to make guac unappetizing ain't it? Common, who changed it? And for that matter what happened to the site for a month?

Hello team, this is the first that I am able to get on for a loooong time.. I kept hitting it everyday, finally gave up a couple of daze ago.

Thought I would try tonite before closing out........WA LA :)....all is well??????????? what happened?

I realized that I did not have anyone's contact info....so I was kinda lost............glad to be here..................Donnie

So "he" is still convinced, but never accused a specific terminator. Certainly hate or not like me if that is your desire. Ban those that are so offensive, sure... Lord knows we cannot have any riff raff calling air springs air bags. All I know is that my account avatar was changed and not by me, so if not by me then whom? I hear a lot of talk but not much substance. I don't expect you to be paid to do what you like, but I have donated money to the site and even sent some in here free parts.. I know , i know, I am such a monster....hahahaha sickening enough to make guac unappetizing ain't it? Common, who changed it? And for that matter what happened to the site for a month?

Hey Totem,

I don't know anything about who or how your avatar got removed. Nor, anything about why Greg sent this great website into the Twilight Zone a couple of times. All I wanted to do is make the following comment to you about your latest avatar:

Ever since the last November election, your avatar is ACCURATE. No matter what side of the aisle a person is on (R, D or I), your avatar represented the TRUTH of how the balance of the country has voted for their representation. The pendulum does swing back and forth, as America continues to grow.

Now, how and why "they" or "he" changed you avatar, is only anyone's guess. I'm sorry that it happened to you. I hope that either you or they find a way to get your avatar replaced. I for one, enjoy your unique, personal expression of the current political climate of our country.

Please stop picking on Totem! He has a lot of good input that I enjoy reading. My vote is: REPLACE TOTEM'S AVATAR!!

~Riverman77

Thank goodness you are back! I was going through some serious withdrawal. I never realized how dependent I am on this site until that dreaded morning when the forums wouldn't come up. I'll never take you for granted again! Thank you for all your work in keeping this site going.

Thanks river, I've even offered up 20$ site donation to help restore my data and improve system data.... It would appear it's not needed/wanted.

Totem,

How did you find, select & change your avatar (to the red map) to begin with?

Why not simply repeat those steps and put it back up ??

~Riverman77

I did river. i have a backup of it and all of my others. The point was that the data was claimed to be "lost" but there was no other loss other than mine.

peculiar, but I am back to my travel map icon in any event. I will donate $20 to myself.

I did river. i have a backup of it and all of my others. The point was that the data was claimed to be "lost" but there was no other loss other than mine.

peculiar, but I am back to my travel map icon in any event. I will donate $20 to myself.

Totem,

Woops. My bad. I did not notice, that your avatar IS NOW back up & working. I'm glad that you were able to restore it and get it back working again.

To Greg's defense, perhaps (now I'm not a computer programmer) what ever it was he was "fixing", it required he re-boot the system with some of the old code, thus they were a few casualties that happened along the way...such as your lost avatar. Perhaps, we may even discover a few other strange things that occurred during the down time.

It would be a real kindness if Linda, Derek or even Greg (himself) posted a brand new thread to explain what exactly was going on, during those two mysterious times that the website was down. Again, I humbly beg of them an explanation. Please don't leave us all wondering if the website will quietly crash again.

~Riverman77

Edited by Riverman77

It would be a real kindness if Linda, Derek or even Greg (himself) posted a brand new thread to explain what exactly was going on, during those two mysterious times that the website was down. Again, I humbly beg of them an explanation. Please don't leave us all wondering if the website will quietly crash again.

~Riverman77

I think it's already been done. Perhaps you didn't see it for all the smoke created by a missing (but easily replaced) Avatar. :)

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7786

I think it's already been done. Perhaps you didn't see it for all the smoke created by a missing (but easily replaced) Avatar. :)

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7786

Thanks Derek for the shortcut to the link. It sounds like a good explanation from Greg as to exactly what happened during the recent web repair.

~Riverman77