Replace roof vent cover

sdglass

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement vent covers? (1992 Toyota Itasca) I've checked with a local RV company, but no luck. I hope I won't have to replace the whole vent, as the plastic covers are cracked but the vents work fine.blush.gif Thanks Shelly

There are only a couple of different types and it's the hinge that is different. I am assuming you are talking about the standard 14"X14" There is a larger one that was an "escape hatch" they are also available but fairly pricey. Just about any RV place should have the 14X14. Try this one they have pictures of vent covers and sizes http://rvdiscountsuppliers.com/rv-parts-vent-covers.htm

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement vent covers? (1992 Toyota Itasca) I've checked with a local RV company, but no luck. I hope I won't have to replace the whole vent, as the plastic covers are cracked but the vents work fine.blush.gif Thanks Shelly

Shelly,

I believe you have the Winnebago one-of-a-kind vents like mine. They are 14X14 but the corners are more rounded than the standard covers and the part of the hinge is built into the cover itself. I went to my local Winnebago dealer and ordered two for my Warrior. They cost me $57 a piece but I figured that it was worth it as I didn't have to replace the entire vent. The old vent covers pulls right off the hinges when cranked all the way up and the new ones just snapped right in. I like the original vents because they are built much sturdier than the off-the-shelf type. The parts person at the dealer told me that Winnebago no longer makes this type of vent but keeps a large supply of covers on hand as there are a lot of people out there like you and me who own these older Winnebago/Itasca motorhomes.

I hope this helps.

Michael

Shelly,

I believe you have the Winnebago one-of-a-kind vents like mine. They are 14X14 but the corners are more rounded than the standard covers and the part of the hinge is built into the cover itself. I went to my local Winnebago dealer and ordered two for my Warrior. They cost me $57 a piece but I figured that it was worth it as I didn't have to replace the entire vent. The old vent covers pulls right off the hinges when cranked all the way up and the new ones just snapped right in. I like the original vents because they are built much sturdier than the off-the-shelf type. The parts person at the dealer told me that Winnebago no longer makes this type of vent but keeps a large supply of covers on hand as there are a lot of people out there like you and me who own these older Winnebago/Itasca motorhomes.

I hope this helps.

Michael

There are only a couple of different types and it's the hinge that is different. I am assuming you are talking about the standard 14"X14" There is a larger one that was an "escape hatch" they are also available but fairly pricey. Just about any RV place should have the 14X14. Try this one they have pictures of vent covers and sizes http://rvdiscountsup...vent-covers.htm

Thanks for the help. The web page has a lot of choices, I should find something that works! smile.gif Sdglass

On 11/14/2009 at 4:15 PM, mmj said:

Shelly,

I hope this helps.

Michael

You're right, they do have a more rounded corners. Got to have them, even though the price is a bit much! Thank you, Shelly

Another option for you is to keep the current vent covers and install a MaxxAir vent cover over the top of the vent. The MaxxAir covers sell for about $25 on ebay and the great thing about them is that they allow you to keep the vent lid open all the time, while driving at highway speeds, during rain storms, and during Winter storage. By having the vent open all the time, it will allow damaging moisture to escape, even while it is

raining and over the winter.

Dennis...

• 10 months later...

Micheal -

How do you get the crank off? I can't get the crank arm off the broken vent cover.

Thanks.

kristin

Shelly,

I hope this helps.

Michael