swapped to 4speed from auto now drive shafts too short...

I swapped my auto tranny to a 4 speed out of an 87' yota p'up..the manual tranny was about two inches shorter than auto, i reused the longer primary driveshaft and short secondary which was already on my belair but still came up too short.. I used some afro engineering to get it too work but I'm scurred.. which driveshaft can i use to fill the gap ? or do i need to have one made?

It won't be too difficult to get the original lengthened, look up driveshafts in the yellow pages. Don't go to 'ace driveshafts' you want it done well, I had one fail on a logging truck once, good thing it was empty. On a down hill you could loose brakes.

I had a similar problem about 10 years ago. Everything is a bit fuzzy, but it sounds like the manual driveshaft might have came out of a shortbed? There are prob 4 driveshafts configurations. Auto longbed/shortbed and Manual longbed/shortbed.

here's a great place to get info on this sort of thing:

http://www.yotatech.com/

When I converted my 80 longbed auto to manual the guys at California Mini trucks set me up with the correct driveshaft. I just traded my old auto one in + the driveshaft from the manual shortbed one and they gave me a new one for a few bucks.

http://www.calminitruck.com/ Call them up, they'll tell you which one you need so you'll know what to look for in your area.