New Toyota 4x4 motorhome blog: www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com

Odyssey4x4

Just letting you guys know I've started a new blog

www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com

Check it out:^) I'll be living full-time in this little 4x4 for at least the next few years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Timmy

post-6327-0-69769800-1340234231_thumb.jp

Edited by Odyssey4x4

ps: Any advice for ripping out the interior wall to repair water damage? The overhead cab wall has separated from the overhead cab floor on the passenger side of the vehicle. I'm going to dive head first into this project and document everything in the next few weeks...

Timmy,

I don't know if you're a member of the other really good Toyota motorhome site, (toyota-campers@yahoogroups.com) but its well worth becoming a member. I say that because I rebuilt my cabover area a few years ago and posted pictures on that site under '85 Dolphin Rebuild in the photos section. My repair might give you an idea of what you're up against. By the way, I didn't find the work very technically difficult-just mostly straight carpentry in the rip-out-the-old, put-in-the-new mold. I coated everything with clear, two part epoxy both as a glue to hold the new joints together and as a method to at least slow down the water damage when it does get in there.

Good luck!

John

awesome man i dig your blog.. im new to this i just posted in the "wheres your rig at" section.. great to meet people that think alike timmy! getting off the grid is the goal.. times are a changing, and these yotas still serve a great purpose.. peace guys and gals.. Evan