The only tires I can find within 100 miles are the Thunderer 8 ply rated 14 185R's. The West coast Les Swabe "Stampers" carries them. Has anybody used them? Do they make any funny noises, how do they wear, how is the ride and control?

The only tires I can find within 100 miles are the Thunderer 8 ply rated 14 185R's. The West coast Les Swabe "Stampers" carries them. Has anybody used them? Do they make any funny noises, how do they wear, how is the ride and control?

I don't know anything about those tires, but the ones on my rig came from Les Schwab in Idaho 3 years ago. They are Nankang 185R14 8-plys. I understand they are still being made, so I would expect Les Schwab can get them for you. I have no other tires to compare them to, but in the few hundred miles I have put on them since I got the Toy in October I have no complaints.

• 3 months later...

out here in the west Les Schwab IS so big over 400 stores but only in the west they often sell tires with their own company name on them such as wild cat or wildcountry these are two of their truck tires i run on 4wd toyota pu i would run the thunderer on my moterhome they stand behind what they sell i also have 4 of their batteries these may be just a name they use i run their tire called eclipse on our car

Most times the rebranded tires are identical except for the sidewall labelling. See this site, http://www.ratwell.c...TirePhotos.html , to see who actually makes the tire you're looking at. Notice the Jupiter SV-820, Woosung SV-820, and Signet SV-820 look identical and , I think, are made by Nexen. I'm gonna go for the Hankook RA08's...Vanman