Floor Plans and Sleeping Arrangements

CaliforniaBoy

Howdy California Boy.

That number of adults and kids would probably be unworkable in a Toy. The maximum number I would see using a Toy would be two small children and two adults. But, I guess you could go with hammocks...

My floor plan has the queen size bed over the cab and a couch that turns into a double, my table does not turn into a bed, but with the two beds we are also cozy, but can sleep two adults and three kids (6 to 11). I will be adding bunk beds, one over the table and one over the couch which will give each of the kids their own bed and will completely open up the hallway.

If you get a Toyota with the three beds (over cab, couch, and dinner table) you might be fine.

Another option is to turn the front truck seats into a bed for one of the smaller kids by putting a

piece of plywood across the seat and put a rollup form mattress on it, it will be like a small

room once the curtains go up. We have done this on our 2007 Yellowstone trip for our 6 year

old and he loved it, he even had his own light, the overhead cab dome light.

Dennis...

Mine sleeps two in the overhead bunk and two on the dinette bed, however, the rig works best with only two, as there's really not enough storage room for more than two adults. Two adults and two kids are doable for a weekend. The other consideration is safety. The dinette seats have seat belts, but the dinette is across the back of the rig, which has riders sitting sideways to the forward motion of the vehicle, so the seatbelt benefit is greatly diminished.

what type of layout does your rogue have?

It has a cabover double bed, and at the far back is a bathroom w/shower. As you walk toward the back, there is a chair just left of the door, then the sink & stove/oven. On the right is a foldout bed just across from the side door, and then cabinets & refrigerator before you hit the bathroom. I think it's longer than SunRaiders & Dolphins but havent' measured it yet.