'91 Itasca V-6 Wont start

rossaduc

I jumped the fuel pump in diagnostic connector B+ to FP, no change, cranks strong since a pretty good battery installed. Sort of catched when I shot ether into filter houseing, took fuel line loose at the cold start injector and after cranking saw no fuel at this loose connection. All things point to fuel, have I missed a critical relay, I would think jumping out sends juice directly to fuel pump so it should not matter if I did. ANy recommendations on the best deal on fuel pumps? Seems there are lots of choices. Also presuming I will be draining and dropping tank, any shortcuts, gotchas? Thanks, Rich

Can't really help you, but if you do end up dropping the fuel tank you might want to consider cutting an access panel in your coach floor so that the next time someone has to change (or test) the pump it can be accessed without dropping the tank. Too bad they didn't do it this way originally!

Good luck.

Be sure to check your fuel filter, if it is old replace it, it should

be located on the inside of the frame under the passenger seat. If the

temperture is below freezing (not sure where you are located), is it

possible the fuel line froze up (ie. water in tank)?

Dennis...

• 1 year later...

I jumped the fuel pump in diagnostic connector B+ to FP, no change, cranks strong since a pretty good battery installed. Sort of catched when I shot ether into filter houseing, took fuel line loose at the cold start injector and after cranking saw no fuel at this loose connection. All things point to fuel, have I missed a critical relay, I would think jumping out sends juice directly to fuel pump so it should not matter if I did. ANy recommendations on the best deal on fuel pumps? Seems there are lots of choices. Also presuming I will be draining and dropping tank, any shortcuts, gotchas? Thanks, Rich

Hi,

Did you run a ODBC 11 diagnostics on the rig, see what error messages came up. That's what I would do before I get all excited and spend money. The other two things that might provide clues are vacuum leaks, and main computer (or check engine light) - was the rig running up to the time it died?

Boots