looked under dolphin i just purchased noticed it had air bags at one time! noticed that at rear of spring looked as if someone had welded blocks to frame and then mounted the spring attachment bracket! is this normal or did they do this to raise rear of rv to get away from airbags? if so how safe is this setup? thanks

thanks for reply! never looked under in toyota rvs so i have nothing to compare this to! i just thought it looked like it wasnt standard equipment! as far as height of the rear of the rv it looks perfect but didnt know if it would cause any problems in the future! rear brakes do not seem to be working very well but this was covered in another post so will try to adjust per posting information! reason i found out rear brakes were working poorly is the day i bought it i hit a very very large whitetail deer 7 miles from home! deer 1 toyota 0 ! deer is still running toyota has $2600 dollars of front end damage! if they total it out i will have lots of toyota parts for sale! kinda really stinks after so much looking at for sale ads all over my part of the country! finally find decent one now might have to start looking agin! thanks agin Rick

So sorry to hear about that. Look at second subject in this category for the load sensing pressure thingy for the brakes. if you get another one adjust it before you go anywhere just in case. Really nothing you can do about a deer jumping in front of you though. No motorhome will stop on a dime.

Linda S

Sorry to hear about the crash... I think the spring block is from the rv factory, I have it on mine, here is a picture I took when I was doing some welding work for my hitch...

Toyotarvframe.jpg

Hope everything works out good for you.

Andrew.

thanks bunneys. thats what it looks like! now i know its factory and not something else! sure is great to have so many people who know so much about these motorhomes! now just have to figure out how to get some better rear brakes! does your rear brakes seem to work ok? have to try to adjust mine after reading about valve in the rear! thanks agin Rick

THERE ARE ALSO STAR WHEEL ADJUSTMENTS ON BOTH REAR BRAKES IF THE SHOES ARE NOT CLOSE ENOUGH to the drum IN NOT LOCKED UP WHEN JACKED UP PARKING BRAKE OFF BUT SHOULD BE JUST BACKED OFF ENOUGH TO SPIN FREE