New Toyota Owner

PirateHoratio

Hello Everyone!!

I just bought my first toy motorhome!! It is a 1985 toyota granville for $350.00!! It looks like the inside has termite and water damage, but i feel like it will be workable. Any tips or starting places are greatly appreciated and where to find parts for this puppy!! My first question is: What toyota truck is this granville built on?

Anyone have a manual out there? Thanks guys, glad to be a proud toy owner!!

-Dylan

post-5595-0-93941400-1314757018_thumb.jp

Hello,

Where abouts are you located? If anywhere in the Mid-West, we are having the annual Midwest Toyota Rally

in Northern Indiana from Septemeber 28th to October 2nd (Wed-Sun). It looks like from your picture you

have the upgraded 1-ton rear axle, which is good news. The truck is the base Toyota truck but has a

one-ton chassis (vs a 1/2 ton). What year is your Toyota? Here are some midwest salvage yards:

COOPER RV SALVAGE - 1300 Thornton Street, Elkhart, IN 46514, (219) 293-3027

ELKHART SALVAGE - 28301 US 33 West, Elkhart, IN 46516, (219) 295-8903

Midwest Salvage - Shipshewana, IN. 219-825-9822

RV Surplus & Salvage - Elkhart, IN. 219-264-5575

Also, this is a good source: www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv_parts_rv_accessories.htm

If you need new vent covers, consider using Maxx Air vent covers instead, they will allow you

to leave the vents open during rain storms and at highway speeds.

Dennis B.

I am located on Long Island NY, way east coast... too east coast. Once I get this toy in working order.. im going west. Yes it has the upgraded axle, we were so relieved to find that out! I think it is 1985, not sure. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to get started!

-dylan

post-5595-0-03647300-1314800006_thumb.jp

I rebuilt a fiberglass camper called a Love Bug (1972 model) that looked bad with mold, rotten floors, no windows, and the door laying on the floor. My friends thought that i was nuts. Howver, with alot of work it looked great. You can do the same with you RV. Take your time, do good work, ask alot of questions. The people around this site will help youo out whenever possible.

Good luck on your project and keep everyone informed of your progress.