HELP: NOT getting email notifications from subscribed threads.

I no longer get email notifications for the threads I am subscribed to. It's been going on for many months. I have the send email notifications selected in my settings and every post has the green "Notify me of replies" selected by default. They aren't going in my spam folder either. Can you fix this, please? Who is the grand poobah for this forum and how do I contact them?

Thanks

Nope you will only get email notifications if someone sends you a personal message. Greg upgraded the system a while back for security reasons and this is how the newer system works. Nothing can be done about it. Go to the main site and then to your saved threads then unread content. That will show you what anyone has posted

Linda S

23 hours ago, linda s said:

Nope you will only get email notifications if someone sends you a personal message. Greg upgraded the system a while back for security reasons and this is how the newer system works. Nothing can be done about it. Go to the main site and then to your saved threads then unread content. That will show you what anyone has posted

Linda S

I would hardly call not being able to get email notifications an "upgrade" but at least I know what's going on now. That "upgrade" has probably reduced his traffic to a fraction of what it used to be. Mystery solved, finally. Thank you.

But since our email addresses can be found in our Settings (and possibly our passwords), then how does shutting off email notifications give more security?

No one has access to your email except for moderators. All messages are sent with a double blind system through the group only. If you want someone to have your email you have to give it to them. No one shut off the notification. This newer more secure system just doesn't offer it. I have no access to your passwords and as long as we are using a secure system that hackers can't get into no one else will either.

Linda S

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 8:24 PM, Stevo said:

I no longer get email notifications for the threads I am subscribed to. It's been going on for many months. I have the send email notifications selected in my settings and every post has the green "Notify me of replies" selected by default. They aren't going in my spam folder either. Can you fix this, please? Who is the grand poobah for this forum and how do I contact them?

Thanks

It is still available but not sure if it is working correctly. At the top there is a "Follow" button and there you should be able to select how to be notified. If the email out in the system is not working then I may have something misconfigured. I will follow this thread with email notification and see if it is working. 

2 hours ago, Gulfstream Greg said:

I think I have it turned on now!

YAY!!!! I just got an email notification of your reply and this is the first time I received one in many months - and maybe even a year or so. Geez, what took you so long? ;) I mentioned this issue in a couple other threads but nothing got fixed so I'm so glad someone finally acted on it! Thank you. You must be the Grand Poobah of this forum, right?

Well, I've no idea if this is related but this morning I awoke to the following message from a Member:-

" Every time you respond to a question I get an e-mail notification of that response. These are questions where I have no involvement. "

Now that's got to be annoying. I'm awaiting news as to when this started. I know I haven't changed any of my settings.

They need to click on the notification bell at the top right and go to notification settings. uncheck everything they don't want notifications for. I luckily looked at my settings when this issue first came up and mine were set to get notifications for every post whether I followed it or not. Good thing I fixed it before Greg fixed the notice function.

Linda S

And I got the email notification for the last few replies too so whatever you changed is working! :D You will see a big boost in your forums traffic because of this.

I am getting a bunch of emails now for the 3vze engine swap thread, just started getting them today,wasn't getting them before and I didn't change any settings.

2 hours ago, redskinman said:

I am getting a bunch of emails now for the 3vze engine swap thread, just started getting them today,wasn't getting them before and I didn't change any settings.

Like I said go into your notification settings and uncheck the boxes where you don't want the emails. Main page top right screen the little bell. You will see it there

Linda S

5 hours ago, linda s said:

Like I said go into your notification settings and uncheck the boxes where you don't want the emails. Main page top right screen the little bell. You will see it there

Linda S

Sorry I didnt read the whole thread,I'm ok with it,I just thought it was strange I just started getting them:sorcerer: