Can I pull off the outer dually wheels by letting all the air out?

I need to fill the tires but just noticed that I can't access the valve on the inside dually's.

A couple questions, please...

1) Shouldn't I be able to access the inner dually tire by lining up the valves so both can be accessed without removing the outer wheel?

2) I'm still rebuilding this Sunrader and haven't gotten around to buying a bottle jack yet. Is it possible to remove the outer dually wheels WITHOUT A JACK by letting all of the air out of them > then take them off and align them so the inner and outer valves can be accessed?

Thanks

Q1, Yes you should be able to use all the tire valves when the tires are properly mounted.

Q2, I don't know, but before you try it check the clearance at the top of the wheel cutout.  Warriors have enough clearance there, Dolphins don't, (you have to jack up the frame NOT the axle, let the axle hang down) and I don't know about Sunraders.  Also dually lug nuts are tighter that car/pickup lug nuts.  Can you get them loose?  Can you get them tight enough when you put them back on?

Best of luck to you and use that Sunrader a lot. 

If you have the 5 lug axle with foolies I don't have a clue?

Whenever tire purchases are made I try to bring up proper tire valve stems.  With the correct stems the right inflation foot and stems in the right place it is easy to check and inflate tires in place. 

Outer dually wheels are removed all the time without a jack. The inner wheel is driven up on a ramp, board etc.  However our Toys do not have the same type of lugnut as most dually tires. On large trucks, buses there is an inner and outer lug nut, the inner dually is still held on when the outer dually is removed. When I asked about this, people who are smarter than me did not deem it a good idea to try with a toy.

6 hours ago, BobBeery said:

Q1, Yes you should be able to use all the tire valves when the tires are properly mounted.

Q2, I don't know, but before you try it check the clearance at the top of the wheel cutout.  Warriors have enough clearance there, Dolphins don't, (you have to jack up the frame NOT the axle, let the axle hang down) and I don't know about Sunraders.  Also dually lug nuts are tighter that car/pickup lug nuts.  Can you get them loose?  Can you get them tight enough when you put them back on?

Best of luck to you and use that Sunrader a lot. 

I'm pretty sure I have enough clearance with the Sunrader. I have removed the lug nuts before but the last time someone removed the wheel and put it back they put it back the wrong way and probably used a pneumatic tool so I hope I can remove it this time. Yes, I can get them tight enough.

5 hours ago, jjrbus said:

If you have the 5 lug axle with foolies I don't have a clue?

Whenever tire purchases are made I try to bring up proper tire valve stems.  With the correct stems the right inflation foot and stems in the right place it is easy to check and inflate tires in place. 

Outer dually wheels are removed all the time without a jack. The inner wheel is driven up on a ramp, board etc.  However our Toys do not have the same type of lugnut as most dually tires. On large trucks, buses there is an inner and outer lug nut, the inner dually is still held on when the outer dually is removed. When I asked about this, people who are smarter than me did not deem it a good idea to try with a toy.

Not foolies. It's a 1 ton rear axle. I don't have a ramp. Can I remove the outer wheel by letting the air out of the outer wheel tires?

Bad idea, nothing will be holding the inner on. Bottle jacks are cheap get one NOW.

Drive the inner wheel up on a 2X4. The studs are long enough but you do want to be careful.

I'm having a hard time imagining any circumstance that would make me want to remove the outer rim only. Far too risky.

Why would you want to do that? Change out an outer flat tire but forgot the jack at home? I'd rather limp along at 2mph until I found someone with a jack.

get valve stem extensions - mine has a clip that positions the extended valves - I also use a piece of heater hose because I have beauty rims.  I run with the valves tems out of separate holes.

google     valve stem extensions for dual wheels

d

You should NOT have to remove wheels to access valve stems.     something like this:  https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90315B

On 5/19/2017 at 8:29 PM, WME said:

Bad idea, nothing will be holding the inner on. Bottle jacks are cheap get one NOW.

Dang, I forgot about that! Duh. Okay, I will buy a bottle jack. I need to buy one anyway but I'll do it sooner. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Derek up North said:

I'm having a hard time imagining any circumstance that would make me want to remove the outer rim only. Far too risky.

Why would you want to do that? Change out an outer flat tire but forgot the jack at home? I'd rather limp along at 2mph until I found someone with a jack.

I'm not driving it yet because I'm still rebuilding the motorhome. The outside is painted and put back together. I'll be desmogging and installing a Weber carb on Monday and then I go back inside to finish the interior. It's been a long slog interrupted by about two years where I didn't work on it but soon it will be done.