New to me 93 Dolphin, V6

Shemp

Hello out there.  My brother just donated his 93 Dolphin to me but I'm not sure how much of a gift it actually is :unsure:

It's been sitting in Southern CA for a few years with very little movement.  He occasionally drove it around the storage yard but thats it.  I need to bring it to IL and am looking for advice on the safety critical items first.   Other than oil change, replacing the tires and checking the condition of the brakes, are there any specific concerns I should inspect?

He mentioned there was some kind of "roll bar"  just hanging loose behind the rear axle.  What might that be? 

Thanks in advance.  Looking forward to joining this new group of Toy lovers.

Shemp

can you post a picture of that "Roll Bar"?  Only thing I can think of at the moment is the rear brake proportioning valve and if that is hanging you might have brake issues.  Also, check the date (DOT stamp, last 4 digits are WWYY) on the tires just to be sure they are not over 8 years old, there has been a lot of stories of old tires blowing out on long trips.  Also, these motorhomes were made when the nationwide speed limit was 55mph, so don't push her at 70mph, I try to stick to 60mph.

He's in Thailand and I'm on the west coast at the moment.  I'm going to try to look at it next Tuesday.  Want to know what specifically to look at/for.  I'll take a bunch of pics.

Some toys have a real anti roll bar mounted on the rear axle. For short term just remove it to get the rig home.

If it is a thick bar (1/2-3/4-1 inch) it is an anti sway bar or AKA "roll bar" that keeps the MH body more level through turns and in side winds. It goes from the frame down to the rear axle across the axle and back up to the frame on the other side. It should attach to both sides of the frame and two places on the rear axle. If it is the brake proportioner it is a thin rod (1/4 inch) that goes to the axle on one end and to the frame on the other end.