1991 Dolphin

Mary

I am looking @  a 1991 Dolphin, 42000 miles. New tires, awning, led lights, all maintenance records. Is asking 13000. which I think is too much.

is it? were these made of fiberglass like the Sunrader? what should i offer? do you think carfax is valuable info?

Thanks,

Mary

Very top price and only if he's got maintenance records recall has been done and upgrades installed. No not like  Sunrader. Wood framed coach with thin fiberglass skin. Carfax has no idea how something has been taken care of and with a motorhome that is essential.

Linda S

Any Toyota motorhome over $10,000 sounds high to me, but it is all about condition, buy anyway you slice it, it still is a 26 year old motorhome.

Dennis...

HI,

Linda are u the Linda that told me about Jon wanting to sell his Toyota Rv?

I was told Carfax will  tell you if it has been wrecked, how many owners, and if it was service by a Toyota mechanic. Is that true?

Yes Mary I'm that Linda. Sorry I didn't realize it was you. Isn't this way higher than you intended to spend? I think the older a vehicle is the less Carfax is useful. For these old motorhomes a wreck is only going to show on Carfax if an insurance company paid out on it. Vehicles this old often don't have full coverage insurance so you'd never see it. As far as how many owners, motorhoming is a senior citizen thing so  in thirty years most have been through a few. Original owners are dead. Carfax might tell you times it has been serviced but many times only from long ago when it was still under warranty. More likely you'll get smog check times depending on state and reregistration so you know if it's been sitting a long time. Toyota dealers really don't like working on these motorhomes and I have no love for dealer service anyway. Difference between hourly labor charges and what they really pay the mechanics is huge. The best mechanics move on to run their own shops as soon as they can because of it.

Linda S

What happened with Jon. I never heard from either of you

yes it is more, but I have been looking for two years. I cannot buy a project. My son looked @ it for me as he lives in Carlsbad. Saw the maintenance records and said it is really clean. I will never pay him $13,000. I know it is too much and so does he. I have probably talked with him 8 times.

Now, I spoke with this guy last night. This mileage is unbelievable! Would you look @ the ad and pics. Remember you were the one that noticed things I didn't see in the pic. guy seemed very honest and this seems too good to be true. Is it too old? You seem to know more about Toyotas than anyone I have ever met.

TOYOTA DOLPHIN 1985 27K ORIGINAL MILES - $9800 (SALEM)

Thanks,

Mary