Seems no matter what I do I need to replace my front brake rotors every 8-10K miles.  After about 3K I can usually feel them ever so subtly start to stutter and then after a while it gets so bad that I just can't stand it any more.  I have had this rig 4.5 years and put about 50K on it.  Just at the 106,000 mile point now.  I am a full timer.  I think maybe I need new front wheels, like maybe they are out of round ever so slightly.

Instead of thinking of rotors, think brake system.  Brake system parts.

1. Rotor

2. Brake pads

3. Brake caliper

4. Rubber brake hose

Big $$ but you may need to do all at the same time.

Just for info what make rotors and pads are you using

Edited by WME

Oh I have used many different highly recommended brands each time.  Matters none.  10 years ago when I had this problem with my first V6 when I used OEM (they were still selling them back then) that solved the problem.  I only have had this trouble using after market rotors.

Not much help then, my favorite rotor is from EBC but they don't seem to make rotors for old Toyota PUs

Well if the brand names are failing, try some chineseum rotors from ebay.  Look for groved or dimpled rotors. Do not use drilled rotors.