Just got the 1992 Toyota Warrior today! Is there a checklist I could follow?

Just drove one and half hour one way to get this one owner 1992 Toyota Warrior. Done my research so long on the internet and as far as I know everything check out on this one.

One owner Toyota Warrior and everything seems work with original manuals and every records. This previous owner even keep the mileage log.

It was late and we rush back home and things just happened too fast. Now come with my questions since we have no clues on how to operate anything on this RV (water heater, AC, Furnace, Refrigerator).

As least I know how to turn on the light but that is about it. 

I know it maybe the best to read the original manual from top to bottom. But I just wonder if anyone have some general guideline or checklist I could go through to check this unit.

Thanks in advance.

PS. It is too late now and I will upload some pictures tomorrow.  

welcome and congratz - i too have a 92 warrior. yes you will want to read the manuals, also some important areas of concern will be, condition of tires, tires may look "new" but age is a better indicator. you can check the VIN, to see if your rig has had the head gasket replaced. depending on miles, you may need a valve adjustment. you will get to know more about your rig as time goes on. maybe have a qualified mechanic go over your rig and inspect things like brakes, front suspension, exhaust system, etc. please know that this forum is populated by extremely talented and knowledgeable people. with any question you have, someone here will offer helpful answers, suggestions, or insight. so good luck and enjoy your rig. joe from dover.

There's a good mechanical checklist pinned near the top of the engines section of this forum.  My mechanic and I used it as the starting point when he worked on the '87 Mini-Cruiser I bought last month. 

Relax only about 1,000 things to check and most of it does not need to be done until tomorrow :lol: One thing that you might want to put on the list is sanitizing the fresh water holding tank and the supply hose.

There are a zillion RV videos on You tube which are a wealth of info.

Tire age, did you check the tires?     

dot.PNG

Wenfeng,

I'm happy to see you found this forum.  I found it to be the most helpful place for my questions.  Forum members, he bought this from me.  It was a little hard to let it go but since my wife's health is not the best we would never use it again.  I gave him my maintenance receipts including the head gasket recall change and tire sales receipt. 

Wenfeng,  anytime you have questions please call, text or email me and I will do my best to help you.  One thing I already remembered I forgot to tell you.  In the cabinet over the table is a plastic tray with some items in it. There is a small bag with some small black O rings. Be sure and save them. They are spare replacements for the water tank drain valves.  You will use these valves when you winterize the RV.

I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Chang.  He was the first to respond to my Craigslist add but another buyer showed up unannounced with cash in hand and put Mr. Chang in the position of having to make a instant decision to buy the RV.  His test drive was on his way home with it.  This was a tough decision for me because the other buyer offered more than my asking price.  I'm glad my sense of right prevailed over greed.

Enjoy your future in the RV,

Kevin Miller

Former owner 1992 Warrior (52,226 Miles)

4 hours ago, hunkaman said:

welcome and congratz - i too have a 92 warrior. yes you will want to read the manuals, also some important areas of concern will be, condition of tires, tires may look "new" but age is a better indicator. you can check the VIN, to see if your rig has had the head gasket replaced. depending on miles, you may need a valve adjustment. you will get to know more about your rig as time goes on. maybe have a qualified mechanic go over your rig and inspect things like brakes, front suspension, exhaust system, etc. please know that this forum is populated by extremely talented and knowledgeable people. with any question you have, someone here will offer helpful answers, suggestions, or insight. so good luck and enjoy your rig. joe from dover.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, Tires are from 2013. and head Gasket replaced at 1999. Kevin got every records in hand to backup his words too.

My friend is a mechanic and he drove it back for me and I followed, Everything looks great!

I may need to ask more stupid questions later.

Trust me your questions won't sound stupid. All of us here have at one time been new first time owners and had to learn all the ins and outs of using an RV. Your great advantage is you bought from another member who took good care of his RV. Your already ahead of the game

Linda S

11 minutes ago, NVNGRR said:

Wenfeng,

I'm happy to see you found this forum.  I found it to be the most helpful place for my questions.  Forum members, he bought this from me.  It was a little hard to let it go but since my wife's health is not the best we would never use it again.  I gave him my maintenance receipts including the head gasket recall change and tire sales receipt. 

Wenfeng,  anytime you have questions please call, text or email me and I will do my best to help you.  One thing I already remembered I forgot to tell you.  In the cabinet over the table is a plastic tray with some items in it. There is a small bag with some small black O rings. Be sure and save them. They are spare replacements for the water tank drain valves.  You will use these valves when you winterize the RV.

I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Chang.  He was the first to respond to my Craigslist add but another buyer showed up unannounced with cash in hand and put Mr. Chang in the position of having to make a instant decision to buy the RV.  His test drive was on his way home with it.  This was a tough decision for me because the other buyer offered more than my asking price.  I'm glad my sense of right prevailed over greed.

Enjoy your future in the RV,

Kevin Miller

Former owner 1992 Warrior (52,226 Miles)

Kevin,

No apology needed and you have every right to do which way you feel comfortable. It almost bring me to tear when I heard you keep your promise and selling it to my family. We pray on this whole process before I came over. It is until that time I realized what we are praying for and we are glad you make that decision too.

Man with integrity and honest is rare to find those days and it is my pleasure to having this RV from you. I will share this story with other and you are part of it.

My little one could not wait to get on the trip this Summer and we will enjoy it very much.

3 minutes ago, linda s said:

Trust me your questions won't sound stupid. All of us here have at one time been new first time owners and had to learn all the ins and outs of using an RV. Your great advantage is you bought from another member who took good care of his RV. Your already ahead of the game

Linda S

Linda,

You are right.. I been on the forum several times and I was hoping to get one from another member but just did not have the chance.

Yes, I did my home work and search but never been on one of the Toyota motor home before.  Seeing it in real is different from looking from the website and all the documents I could collect.

• 5 months later...

I did the same thing- read a ton. Then flew out of state to drive one home (unless it had been other than advertised).  The previous owners were very honest with me.  And it drove home through 6 states just fine.  And while they showed me a lot about how it works, I'm still finding this and the facebook group to be invaluable and answering my questions.  Happy travels!