Help - Your Opinion - 1982 18' Sunrader for Sale $5500 or ??

Dear Folks, have an 18' Sunrader that I'd decided to sell. (Have granddaughter, live most of time in Canada, different life path than 4 years ago). But I know I made a mistake. Probably back when I bought it for $5,500. I didn't know what I was doing. She's beautiful on the outside, and everything on the inside works. Had her checked out mechanically fine. Then a few months later, several hundred miles, the engine blew. 

The engine was completely rebuilt in 2013, new master clutch and cylinder, replace rear leaf springs and sway bar, turn signal. All to the tune of $10, 677. This was a very tough winter in BC 

Dear Folks, Need your help and opinions....

Have an 18' Sunrader that I've decided to sell. (Have granddaughter, live most of time in Canada, different life path than 4 years ago, and want money to pay off new used station wagon). But I know I made a mistake. Probably back when I bought it in 2013 for $5,500 - I didn't know what I was doing. But I fell in love – had been wanting one for years. She's lovely on the outside, and everything on the inside works. Furnace, water, heater, etc. Had her checked out mechanically, she was fine. Then a few months and several hundred miles later the timing chain broke. 

I had the engine completely rebuilt in 2013, new master clutch and cylinder in 2014, replaced rear leaf springs and sway bar, turn signal. All to the tune of $5,177 (receipts in hand). I took her on several fun jaunts in the Northwest, last summer to Victoria.

2016-17 was a very tough winter in BC - Water damage. She wasn't in a garage and I was out of the country with my family, babysitting. When I had my carpenter look at it.... Major water damage that came in on top of rot that was there all along. His quote to get it salable – redo all over-cab wood, seal it, and clean rest of inside up – was $3500 (to start).

Sooooo.... I have a dearly beloved motorhome that I want to sell. My question is:

Do I sink another $3500 into it? Don't know if that will make it Ikea like or just sturdy. Maybe I could get more out of it, but maybe it would take a long time?

Or do I sell as is – leaking around the windows (who knows from where), really needs a redo inside, for $5500?

I truly believe it is worth that – for all the mechanical work I've had done, and just for being a 1982 18' Sunrader.

Please Help me with your opinions... Wish I didn't need the money, and/or had the skills to redo her myself thus recouping my investment but I don't. If remodeling is the only option I will have to sell some of the little resource I have left to hire someone to do the work.

Thanks so much for taking the time to consider this. Sincerely Lindy Flynn, creativeplay4u@gmail.com

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

It's hard to get recent pricing on an 18ft Sunrader because they are sold so fast. In a couple of days or sometimes in hours. Don't think you'll get every penny back but I think 8,000 would be a reasonable price. Maybe more. Just depends on whose looking at the time. I like EBay for sales. Lets the market set the price and sometimes it goes pretty high. Very carefully written ad is required for best results

Linda S

P.S. Wanted to say that majority of the inside is fine.... just over cab and one other spot by a window. And Please let me know if I should put the money into the

Redo   or

As is

Thanks so much!

Edited by lindyfly2013

Hopefully you will sell it to a Canadian. I know that importing vehicles from Canada to the U.S.(and visa-versa) involve a lot of paperwork and safety inspections.

Be sure your e-bay ad shows the location. Could save you time and $$$

I'm unclear as to where your Sunrader is currently located, but if it's in BC you won't be able to sell it in Canada until it has officially been exported from the US and officially imported to Canada. At least not if a Canadian buyer wants to register it.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/307/~/requirements-for-exporting-a-vehicle-(including%3A-snowmobile%2C-atv-and-motorcycle)

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-usa-index-445.htm

You seem to have a 5 lug axle by what you said on the yahoo site. I wouldn't spend anymore money on it that didn't include an axle upgrade and you would never see a return on that much money. Just so sorry you didn't know before you spent all that money on the engine. Or ask someone before you bought it. you already belonged to a couple of these sites before then I think.

Linda S