How much for a 1993 Toyota Warrior - good condition?

Hi All - I'm new to the forum - we're in TX and planning a round the US road-trip through National Parks primarily. We have an opportunity to buy a local 93' Toyota warrior, it looks to be in very good condition, no rust on the undercarriage, everything seems to work. Took it for a test drive and it runs good. We're gonna get it checked out by a mechanic and assuming he says all systems go - I'm wondering what I should offer... Seller wants 7k...I feel like it is likely that I'll drop at least 1-2k on this thing before our time is up and then need to resell...  Thoughts?

-Tony

How many miles? How old are the tires? Any evidence of water leaks inside?  Seems like a good price if the condition is as you describe. Good Luck & Welcome!

Hi - it has less than 100k miles, the tires do appear to be in good condition - no dry rot.... Also I verified with Toyota that the head gasket recall was addressed on this vehicle by a previous owner, the only other major mechanical thing I would think may need to be done (if it wasn't already which I'm not sure of) would be the timing belt & maybe brakes.

- Anthony

Go To Topic Listing General Discussion

HAS THIS RIG BEEN SITTING FOR A LONG TIME?  LIKE MOST VEHICLES, LONG PERIODS OF JUST SITTING ARE NOT VERY GOOD. IF YOU GET A GOOD REPORT FROM YOUR MECHANIC, STILL KNOW YOU WILL SPEND SOME MONEY AFTER THE PURCHASE. GOOD LUCK. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU. JOE FROM DOVER

The biggest issues I generally see are tires, the ones on mine were 14 years old and actually did not look bad.  Many consider 7 years as the maximum life of a tire.  The next is AC, cab and roof.  It just needs to be recharged,  if it needs to be recharged it is broke and needs to be fixed, it will likely be very expensive to fix.

Then there is the MPG, if someone says they are getting 18+ mpg with a 6 cyl Toy I am not going to put much store in anything else they say! 

As the previous posters stated you cannot judge the condition of the tires by their appearance. Need to determine the manufacturer date! When I purchased Grannie last year the tires looked excellent. No cracks tons of tread. Drove home on tires that were manufactured in 1999! Very lucky no blow outs. 

Sounds like a great price. DO PLAN on putting more money into it, you will...

It sounds like you are starting with a very good unit, but it is still old and will want attention... However even brand new expensive rigs demand fixing if you read the MH magazines, sometimes right off the lot on their first trip. These Toyotas are much simpler and basic to fix.

I think a "good" 93 WW is worth about 10k.   "good" means all the appliances work well - and the engine transmission are good.  Tires and brakes - about 1K,  a frig - 1k, water heater/ furnace/ roof ac - not sure, but about 1k each.    A generator is a biggie - the kohler's that came with them are crap. an onan2800 will fit - (think 3K). Some carry a cheap china gen on the rear bumper - I carry a honda 2000 in the gen compartment (it will not run the roof ac but otherwise a good choice)

The frig should pull down in about 3-5 hours on a "normal" day =(70 degreeish).

• 4 weeks later...

Around $10 K around California this time of the year based on described condition. Those units are easy to work on. I paid $7.5k 5 yrs. Ago and put in lots of $ and labor for repairs and improvements...at 55k miles....among those are tires, timing belt, AC, ventilation fans, fridge, inverter, generator, shocks....roof sealing, TV electronics....

• 3 years later...
10 minutes ago, Marse Hernandez said:

😀  Can someone recommend a source for good quality cover for my 1993 Toyota Winnebago Warrior motorhome?

There are no covers that fit Toyota motorhomes anymore. Some people have tailored Sprinter van covers with some success.  Even when they still made them a cover could cost hundreds of dollars.  A heavy duty tarp will do the job for a fraction of the price

Linda S

I've tried both of the available, standard options for my 20-ft Warrior: The standard Class C cover was enormous and billowed out all around the base of the vehicle... but it worked, for a few years. I am currently using a Sprinter style cover that I mostly prefer, although it has the opposite problem—coverage ends well above the ground and doesn't quite cover the side-walls. But, the roof, windows, and door are my main concern, so I'm sticking with the Sprinter version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, linda s said:

There are no covers that fit Toyota motorhomes anymore. Some people have tailored Sprinter van covers with some success.  Even when they still made them a cover could cost hundreds of dollars.  A heavy duty tarp will do the job for a fraction of the price

Linda S

I bought a heavy duty tarp and it is just fine. Thanks for the tip Linda.