Convex Mirrors

markwilliam1

On my Granville the convex mirrors are mounted above the regular mirrors. Is this the preferred setup? If so how do you properly adjust the regular lower mirrors? Thanks!

My Escaper has the convex on the bottom.  I adjust my flat (top) mirror so that I just barely see the edge of the coach and have the horizon about a third of the way from the top.  My convex mirrors are adjust a little further out.  With the mirrors adjusted like that, I can see pretty much everything on the side of the RV.  I still use my copilot to check for vehicles on the right when switching lanes.

• 1 month later...

I switched my mirrors today Bob and am using the setup you described. Much better! Thanks!

With my toy I also added a couple of 2" piece of flat stock between the mount tubing and the door mount. Thus moved the mirrors out so I could actually see the side of the RV, not just behind.

Good idea! It seems on my rig the brackets extend out enough so I can see the entire sides. Where do you have your convex mirrors attached?

Convex mirrors on the bottom.

Thanks WME! That's my new set-up now.