Sagging frame

Dion

G'day all, I have posted recently about an 88 Sunrader I picked up, and I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. While looking either way down the coach, I notice that things like the stove, or the back of the dinette seat are slightly tilted toward the outside wall. Is this normal, or am I possibly dealing with a sagging frame for some reason? I live in the Midwest, so there is rust, but I didn't think it too bad when I inspected it before the buy.

I doubt it's the Toyota frame but it could be the floor of the Sunrader. The whole coach is supported on the frame by that floor and if they get damaged the shell can sink. Not an easy thing to fix. You might have to remove some cabinets or the rear dinette seats to add some floor support that goes all the way to the sides. I have heard of some who put metal bars underneath to strengthen it but don't know how they did it. Time to get under there and figure out what's going on

Linda S

Thanks for the link Linda. The aluminum underbelly is interesting, it seems like it could possibly warp over time. Does anyone know if a sagging floor is a dangerous situation? It doesn't look to me like things could just fall apart, but then I have a lot to learn about these coaches.

No it's not going to fall apart. All Sunraders seem to have some floor issues. Most common fix is 1/2 inch plywood over existing floor to help support it. My Toyota Sunrader has some soft spots that I never did anything too but still fine 14 years later. Had to do the Nissan because of a previous poor repair and it stunk.

Linda S