Toyota Odyssey VIN number

prasi00

Hello, I own 1987 Odyssey which was registered for many years in UK. I exported it to Bulgaria last year and want to register it here but I am being refused as the local authorities cannot find a VIN number stamped on the frame. The only VINs I can find are the stamp on the dashboard and a sticker on the door. Nothing on the frame though. Is there a VIN stamped somewhere else  on the chassis ? 

Really hope there is as otherwise I am stuck with an expensive stationary caravan! 

My rig is much older than yours (1978). My chassis serial number is stamped on the left front frame rail just forward of the lower A-arm. You may need a wire brush to find it.

6 hours ago, prasi00 said:

Thanks Fred. Is this the left when you are facing the camper or when you are sitting inside? 

Drivers side. Left if sitting inside. The numbers may be covered with rust or road dirt.

There is a big spread between our mfg years. Hopefully Toyota remained consistent with their ID placement.

3 hours ago, prasi00 said:

Hold fingers. Setting up a day next week for crawling under the toy with a flashlight and wire brush 

It should be on the outside of the frame rail, on the large flat surface.

Found the frame number. It was exactly where Fred said but on the passenger side. Also some of the letters were not there like the first 3 at the very left and another 3 in the middle. Hopefully this will be enough to register it. 

6 minutes ago, prasi00 said:

Found the frame number. It was exactly where Fred said but on the passenger side. Also some of the letters were not there like the first 3 at the very left and another 3 in the middle. Hopefully this will be enough to register it. 

If you check the metal mfg plate in the engine compartment it should show the chasis ID number. It usually starts with the letters RN......

This # should match the # on the frame.

Many times the coach builder buys the cab and chassis separate, then assigns its own VIN to the finished vehicle.

As long as the frame # matches the chassis ID, you should be good.