Hi guys new here so go easy, I'm currently on Vancouver Island and heading back to Vancouver tomorrow and want to know the best place to go for tune up, I'm over from New Zealand so don't have endless cash but I'm happy to pay for a good job, mainly I just want the timing checked/adjusted if need be and see were we go from there. Any info would help.

If you are even remotely handy you can pick up a timing light and a wrench and set the ignition timing very quickly your self with a bit of help from you tube. A normal tune up involves replacing plugs, wires, setting timing and going about your day. Many people also change fuel and air filters along with an oil filter change at the same time. All of this can be easily done on your own with a very minimal investment in tools. I am not familiar with the carb your older motor home will have in it. Setting the adjustment screws for your elevation may help. But I am guessing an island is nearish to sea level.

Are you experiencing any problems? Or is this just preventive maintenance?

Unfortunately, we don't have any/many members in the Vancouver area. I'm on the opposite side of the country and can't help. Sorry.

Where are you headed after Vancouver? Maybe someone knows a good shop somewhere further along your route.?

Could you snap and post some pictures of your Little Chief? They're pretty scarce and I'd like some for the archives.

Hi guys thanks for getting back to me, this old bloke i know in Vancouver ended up getting a buddy of his to check and adjust timing for me, was out a few degrees and what a difference it makes. 

we picked up the little chief in Vancouver 2 weeks ago and its a pretty solid little MH, engines a bit dirty and rattly but seems strong and most of the inside has been re done to some extent, new bathroom toilet shower ect new oven and fridge and the cab area is spotless. i have installed an inverter and extra 12v sockets and everything runs for days of the dual battery system. 

we have been up Vancouver island and back now heading up to whistler and eventually will make our way through to Nova scotia and into the US, all up we plan on doing around 30,000 miles in the old girl so will need a few things along the way id say in the way of repairs and oil changes ect im pretty handy on the tools but only have basic tools on board, a socket set some screwdrivers and spanners ect.

Ill get some more picture for you guys and you can post them. it will also be for sale come dec/jan so one of you lucky lads might get the deal of a life time before we head home B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 4:58 AM, Derek up North said:

Could you snap and post some pictures of your Little Chief? They're pretty scarce and I'd like some for the archives.

hey mate where do i put the photos?

I have a galaxy 4 can anyone tell me how I make the photo size work so I can post my media always says file to large? I have some really good @#$%! Pictures from idiots working on this my dolphin or odysee is in bad shape would like to show how I modified existing issues without gutting everything.