Been having this problem since purchase but been ignoring it and focusing on other problems. At startup of motor and first taking off brakes are very touchy and will sometimes jerk pretty hard, but this is only when first moving. As rig gets going it's like a pressure gets built up and brakes seem to work fine after that but sometimes they feel better if you give them a pump but its not necessary to pump them to stop. Any ideas?

Thanks

hey there, i too have noticed what you described on my 92 winnie warrior. immediately after start up, when i apply brake, it really is touchy as you said. but afterwards it is "normal" ! i just assumed it was quirk since i have no other issue regarding the brakes, and hear no noises or anything that may be cause for alarm. possibly someone can solve this mystery ? joe from dover

4 hours ago, hunkaman said:

hey there, i too have noticed what you described on my 92 winnie warrior. immediately after start up, when i apply brake, it really is touchy as you said. but afterwards it is "normal" ! i just assumed it was quirk since i have no other issue regarding the brakes, and hear no noises or anything that may be cause for alarm. possibly someone can solve this mystery ? joe from dover

Well that kinda makes me feel better,I suspected maybe brake booster is going out but thats just a guess.

Possible check valve in the booster. It's a small plastic part attached to a large vacuum line it is hand pressed into the booster they are fairly cheap maybe worth a try. It is a one way valve and it meant to keep vacuum in the booster with the engine off.

A bad booster will make for very hard brake pedal. Remove and plug the vacuum hose and see what happens.

Glazed or contaminated brake pads can cause this as well as just cold brakes. Pull a pad and check to see what shape it is in.

21 hours ago, Maineah said:

Possible check valve in the booster. It's a small plastic part attached to a large vacuum line it is hand pressed into the booster they are fairly cheap maybe worth a try. It is a one way valve and it meant to keep vacuum in the booster with the engine off.

Ok thanks everyone,I wonder what that part would be called,I could probably find it on parts diagram,might have to buy the whole vacuum hose with it I suspect