I can't find that connector on my motors.

The air compressor fix did not work, read this:

https://www.yotatech.com/f160/c-doesnt-line-up-289898/

going to look for a 1997 Jeep Cherokee pulley tomorrow.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oof sorry Ed, I was going to post that same thread just a few mins ago, I wonder if you need the Mopar clutch face as well or if the Toyota face will mate up? I found this ebay listing, looks like Chrysler used the same AC pulley on lots of years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-AC-COMPRESSOR-CLUTCH-PULLEY-1993-2006-DODGE-CHRYSLER-JEEP-PLYMOUTH-4720834-/281805113974?fits=Year%3A1997|Make%3AJeep|Model%3AGrand+Cherokee&hash=item419ce4ca76:g:pGwAAOSwHjNV~r27&vxp=mtr

Oh that's good info, should find something at the junk yard tomorrow.

Since I have my compressor apart for the third time I think I will take some of it with me to make sure it fits.

let me know how it works out!

Im over here soldering up my starter signal wire, think I finally have a decent understanding of how the battery harness/alternator harness will go together, hopefully get that knocked out tomorrow along with some more of the wiring.

You never did tell me where you live?

I want to know the details on the wiring when you are finished.

Let me tackle the AC compressor issue.

im down in Deltona, FL currently (just outside of Orlando), doing the swap in my parents driveway,

I work remote and travel full-time w my wife/dog when I am not swapping out motors like some sort of crazy person. Once we get this pig back on the road we are going to be headed up to the smokies of North Carolina for a bit, too damn hot down here

Edited by defrag4

some other years that I believe used the same pulley

DODGE DAKOTA 1994-2001
DODGE DURANGO 1998-2001
DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP 1994-2002
DODGE RAM 2500 PICKUP 1994-2002
DODGE RAM 3500 PICKUP 1994-2002
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 1993-1998

ha I here you, going to Ruidoso, NM for me, 97 in San Antonio today

ya buddy, your no stranger to the heat either.

Not sure if this will be much use to you since it pertains mostly to using the ORS conversion harness, but there are also some good diagrams on the EVAP/VSVs and what not in here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q74xx7yr09zikxi/ORS Wiring Harness INstructions.pdf?dl=0

Edited by defrag4

Working on mounting up my EVAP today, when I got my motor it did not include an EVAP, so I searched around the junkyard and found one out of a 97 T100.

It looks like the canister I have from the 97 T100 is way to tall to mount in the drivers side where everyone else seems to mount it, guess the early T100s had a different box, looking at the pics other peoples are much squatter than mine. In fact, doing some googling I am not sure that the 96 T100 even used this style of EVAP, its possibly they used the can style. 

I am going to cannibalize the VSVs off of it and try this Evolta mod to run the 3.0 evap canister for the time being, if it starts to throw codes I guess I will have to track down a later year EVAP. 

https://www.yotatech.com/f160/elvotas-3-4-swap-128285/index4.html#post50685251

On my 1997 T100 it does not even have a canister but a huge square evaporator. My 1995 has the bigger round canister you mentioned.

BTW,

The first vehicle I came upon in the junk yard was a 1997 Grand Cherokee, pulley came right off and it worked just like the article said for the compressor. The only I had to do was add an extra spacing washer so that it would turn freely when clutch is not engaged. All of my belts are in but the power steering pulley does not look aligned so taking a look at that now. Maybe I don't have it in right.

nice! how much they charge you for the pulley? ill have to track down a pick and pull, the yard i have been going too wont let you take random parts off without buying the whole unit

26 minutes ago, defrag4 said:

nice! how much they charge you for the pulley? ill have to track down a pick and pull, the yard i have been going too wont let you take random parts off without buying the whole unit

have you tried this place. very close to Deltona

Linda S

https://www.yellowpages.com/deland-fl/mip/deland-u-pull-it-5129124?lid=5129124

2 hours ago, linda s said:

have you tried this place. very close to Deltona

Linda S

https://www.yellowpages.com/deland-fl/mip/deland-u-pull-it-5129124?lid=5129124

Thanks Linda, I'll check it out, probably closed tomorrow. Got plenty of projects to work on in the meantime!

Got the tranny harness wired up today, all the 3.4 tranny plugs fit right into the 3.0 RV transmission aside from the neutral start plug (and o2 sensors), will have to chop the neutral start plug one off the 3.0 harness and splice it in. Ordered 2 new o2 sensors that match the 3.4 plugs

Edited by defrag4

Good morning James,

The Pulley cost me $3.77 cause it was half price weekend at the yard I went to.

For my evaporator, I am going to try and keep the original small canister like this guy did.

https://www.yotatech.com/f160/elvotas-3-4-swap-128285/index4.html

Ed

29 minutes ago, ednelson100 said:

Good morning James,

The Pulley cost me $3.77 cause it was half price weekend at the yard I went to.

For my evaporator, I am going to try and keep the original small canister like this guy did.

https://www.yotatech.com/f160/elvotas-3-4-swap-128285/index4.html

Ed

OK cool so we are doing the same thing there as well, i picked up a bunch of plastic Tees yesterday and started wiring it up. 

Did a little more research on the neutral start switch, looks like I cant just swap plugs, but I can just disable the system by jumping 2 of the wires in the plug itself together with a spade connector.

"1) "There is a set of wires that comes down right by the starter that are supposed to go to the auto trans. There are two fat black ones going to a pigtail, one had a white tracer on it. All you need is a 4" long peice of wire and 2 spade connectors. Put a spade connector on each end and plug it in just to loop the wire, makes it so you dont have to cut any wires.""

Neutral start switch is a good thing. Do the jumper thing and make the computer happy, then wire the switch with the right plug into your starter hot wire.

2 minutes ago, WME said:

Neutral start switch is a good thing. Do the jumper thing and make the computer happy, then wire the switch with the right plug into your starter hot wire.

think my best bet would be to buy a NSS off of a 96 T100, should bolt right up and mate up to the plug, Ill override it in the meantime though.

Ed, do you have this VSV on the front of your motor? I cant seem to find out what it does, not seeing it on most peoples trucks at all.

It looks like it plumbs into the front of the intake manifold based on the hose routing.

one of the nipples broke off the VSV, I think it may have something to do with the power steering idle up, which I do not have any longer since I swapped out to the ORS high pressure line. Thinking I can just cap off the vac line and remove it.

ulSoZ6W.png

Edited by defrag4

I believe that goes to the power steering reservoir thingie that is supposed to give you more power in your power steering when idling or just moving very slowly. That thingie is not needed and I left mine off and plugged the outlets.

IMG_0425.JPG.c8c8d3f7b95f3f9b1afb5bd7c1750bf9.JPG

That's what I am thinking as well.

so I am out here rigging up this charcoal canister but starting to notice I do not have any loose Evap plugs that I can find in my 3.4 harness.

the only loose plug I can find is this one which you said you do not have, it doesn't fit into any of the Evap VSVs either.  

Would yiu you mind taking a look at your harness and tell me where the Evap plugs are breaking out at?

image.png

I know the Evap plugs are usually blue/green/brown, nothing like that hanging loose on my harness that I can find, strange... Not that I mind, one less thing to deal with if it really doesn't have it

they are not in the engine harness but come out of the body harness on both T100s beside the canister and evaporator boxes. I am going to pull mine out of the 3.0 harness and run them separately.

1 hour ago, ednelson100 said:

they are not in the engine harness but come out of the body harness on both T100s beside the canister and evaporator boxes. I am going to pull mine out of the 3.0 harness and run them separately.

ahhh well that makes sense then, you got any links on how to get them from the 3.0 over to the 3.4? i see them still attached to my 3.0 engine harness

Got her setup enough to give her a crank today, disconnected the igniter because I wanted to crank it a bit to build up oil pressure.

good news she spun over with no crazy metal mashing noises!

bad news, one of my injectors is spraying fuel all over the place. Tried replacing the o-ring, then realized it was leaking from the top grommet, tried stealing one off the 3vze but the injector nozzle is different, overnighted one from Amazon so should be here tomorrow, also will give the dealer a call and see if they have one in stock 

a wise wise man would have sent these injectors off to be rebuilt when I had the engine stripped down... I am not a wise man :(

So close, yet so far!

Edited by defrag4

Neutral start switch override

Found the 2 large black wires on the plug

built a little spade jumper connector 

Jumped the 2 wires together 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3.4 battery harness explained

left side 

red- battery postive

blue- battery negative

green - starter signal

right side

red - main starter connection

blue - ground to motor, bolt hole on block near oil pan 

Green - starter signal connection on starter 

image.png

Some crappy pics of the heater hose routing, basically the stock 3vze hoses route to to proper places, one hose routes from the left hand side of the firewall into a funny looking box which is your heater control, there is a cable off the box that runs into the cab AC controls, off of the box is a Hard line, your funky snake hose off the 3vze routes off that then back over to the left hand side of the engine where there is a heater hose port

on the right hand side of the firewall is another heater hose and port, hook up your short 3vze heater hose to this one and route it in between the heater control box and the other heater hose to the port on the right side of the engine 

It's easier than it sounds, once you have the hoses in your hand and your crawled up on the engine bay you will see what I am talking about 

image.jpeg

42GQB5P.jpg

YwwWLik.jpg

Edited by defrag4