Grey water Line washers

Anyone having a problem getting washers for the sink fixtures in the old grey water lines of the 80's? My RV stores both deny they carry waashers for the older

sink fixtures. The washers in the fixture now appear to be a rubber washer with a shoulder, rather than being flat.

Also, can someone tell me if you can combine the old Grey water lines with the new Pex system.

Thank you

Jack Barr

Not sure on the washers, I would be heading to a hardware store, preferable an old hardware store

The grey and PEX can be joined using Shark bite fittings. I would look for a Shark bite fittings video.

Do you mean washer in the sink faucet fixture or where. Can you show a picture of it. yes polybutylene can be connected to pex with a sharkbite connection. Well Jim beat me to it. Pics of the washer would help and where exactly is it. If in the faucet the whole unit is easy to replace and not expensive. Drain pipes? Where

Linda S

My '90 SeaBreeze has the old grey water lines running to a  kitchen sink fixture which sits on the back of the  double stainless sink.

The plastic inlet water lines have fairly large connectors which screw onto the threaded male fittings of the fixture. The washers I referred to are in

the connectors which screw onto the fixture.

Must be a certain style of tool that can reach up in back and still have room to either turn them to loosen or to tighten them. Not a lot of room for pliers

or channel locks.

Hard to get a picture of the connections since the inlets  are   are rather "buried" behind  the double stainless sink.

One RV parts man wanted to talk about PEX water lines instead of my grey lines. Can't believe that with the many older RVs still on the road that simple 

items like washers for the older water lines  are hard to find. This guy wanted me to convert my entire water system to PEX because he didn't have my

washers.

My Sunrader still has the old pipes and I have changed out the faucet to a new one with no problems. I can't imagine a connector that fits a new faucet having a washer that's no longer available. I don't think I even looked at the washer though. Just used plumbers tape and installed it. Doesn't leak. Don't remember what I used to loosen it either but I do love vice grips so probably that. Don't know what to tell you. If stuff is leaking though in a pinch I use rescue tape. Wrap the pipes and it doesn't leak anymore. Still have rescue tape on my Nissan, still doesn't leak and it's been years.

Linda S

you may want a "basin wrench" to tighten or loosen the fittings. it is a specialty wrench common with plumbers. lowes / home depot should stock them. joe from dover.

All of the plumbing stuff is standard plumbing sizes including the fixtures. Some of the fixtures were plastic and could not be disassembled for repair but they are standard sizes.They will be either 4" or 8" and the gray plumping connections will fit them. The bull nose tapered gaskets are the same also. Shark bite connectors will join pex to the old gray plastic stuff or can be used for repair.