ACU-Gage Monitor

Jack Barr

My 1990 Toyota Sea Breeze (Dolphin) has a Acu-Gage monitor which has a series of little red lights that indicate the battery condition as well as the levels in the water and holding tanks. It also incorporates a push button that operates the water pump. When I pushed one of the buttons for the battery level, no response. I thought it might be a disconnected wire from the monitior to the battery but since the water pump works okay, I then assumed that the circuit board that operates that monitor and its red lights must have given out.  Larsen Electronics Inc. made the monitor for National RV back in 1990 but I can't find any evidence of them now. Has anyone on the form any experience with the monitor and where I might turn next. I expect to have a needle in the haystack experience in trying to find a salvage yard with any old Dolphins or Sea Breeze rigs still around. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This site https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToyotaMotorhomeClub/ has a man parting out an 86 Dolphin.  Maybe you can get one from him.  Look for post by Summer Moon Marie and find the comment by James Kubas.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:12 PM, Jack Barr said:

My 1990 Toyota Sea Breeze (Dolphin) has a Acu-Gage monitor which has a series of little red lights that indicate the battery condition as well as the levels in the water and holding tanks. It also incorporates a push button that operates the water pump. When I pushed one of the buttons for the battery level, no response. I thought it might be a disconnected wire from the monitior to the battery but since the water pump works okay, I then assumed that the circuit board that operates that monitor and its red lights must have given out.  Larsen Electronics Inc. made the monitor for National RV back in 1990 but I can't find any evidence of them now. Has anyone on the form any experience with the monitor and where I might turn next. I expect to have a needle in the haystack experience in trying to find a salvage yard with any old Dolphins or Sea Breeze rigs still around. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but even if yo find a salvaged monitor it will likely be no good! Not to completely squash your hopes there is a 1 in 10,000,000 chance you might find a NOS one. The ACu gauge in mine had not worked in a long time and had been replaced with another that no longer works!

My experience with tank gauges is dismal so I will no longer waste my time on them, I have a good idea of how full my tanks are at any time and can shine a flashlight in the toilet or on the fresh water tank if I need to verify. Not saying they cannot be restored to working order, not worth it to me.

The pump switch on my monitor works so I do use that.

Monitoring the battery is important and in my and many others opinion  needs something more than a button to push and a couple idiot lights to check voltage.   I added an LCD volt meter which is easy to see and ended up also acting as a night light when it is really dark out. If you are not familiar with house battery's google something like batteries do not die they are murdered. 

toy.PNG

3 hours ago, Derek up North said:

I agree with that Derek had one in my Nova Star it was dead on accurate and the people at See-Level are great people to deal with I called with an issue with one board and the owner of See-Level talked to me and resolved the issue.

Jack, I may be able to help you. About 5-6 years ago I attended a Toyota rally in Quartzite, Tika organized it. I purchased a brand new  "acu-gage" from a dealer. It is for a Sea Breeze by National RV. Never been installed.

At the time I had a 1983 Dolphin and the gauge did not work, I was hoping this one could be a replacement, no.

The date of production is  2/14/1991   model 102SEAb    made by Larson Electronics Mfg, Fullerton, Ca     U.S. Patent #' s 420 108, 4145927.

Message me if your interested. I paid  $17.95 for the gauge. I expect to make enough to retire for life, kidding.

Darrel

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

Darrel, Thanks kindly for your message. I wasn't sure how to send you a "message" so I saw your entry in another forum subject just so you wouldn't think I wasn't interested. You mentioned having picked up the item at Quartzsite. Been there many times but I'm getting too old to walk through the exhibits now.

Darrel, please EMail me at:      jb50hb@yahoo.com

And, thanks again for you message, Darrel

9 hours ago, Jack Barr said:

jjrbus, I'm sorry that I failed to acknowledge your posting about the voltmeter. Good idea and thanks.

Jack Barr

Not necessary to respond to every reply, forum would be filled with thank you and your welcome posts instead of useful information, would be like Face Book:lol: