Overhang window replacement 1991 WW

vrocrider

9 hours ago, darrel said:

My window frame is two sections, with two rivets on each side. When the window is installed the rivets are not visible.

Darrel

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Thanks. My situation has become a nightmare.

I have decided my frame has been modified at some time. The riveted plate system I have allows movement of the frame making a permanent seal impossible. On the back side of frame you can see where a grinder was used to I assume someone cut off the bracket system you have where rivets are hidden. If you can recall could you describe the back side of the frame and how the brackets/rivets are constructed? Is there a piece coming off the frame at 90 degrees?   

Frames from any year of the WT321 are no longer available. I looked for junk yards but no luck. I'm going to try Winnebago corporate to see if maybe a detailed drawing is available of the frame. If I can get that maybe I can have mine welded back to get some rigidity. 

All thoughts are welcomed.     

Goal now is to replace total window assembly. Unable to source from Winnebago. Asked if they could tell me original manufacturer of windows on any of the WT321 Warriors. They have no record.

Checked with following RV window manufacturers: Kenro, Hehr, Clear Vision, Duncan Systems (Atwwod), All-Rite, Motion.

All-Rite $600+. Motion $230 plus crating & shipping. 5 week lead time. Anybody have experience with Motion in Washington state? 

Rough dimensions to fill in RV: 12 1/8"H x 59 1/8"W x 7/8"D. 2 1/2" radius corners. Most manufacturers were unable to the build the 2 1/2" radius corners and/or the 59+W.

I have some filon damage from water leak from window. Looking at epoxy injection system from delam.com. Also scrapping out junk & spraying in foam. This would hopefully stabilize the rotted area.  Welcome comments. 

Thanks for any input. 

Edited by vrocrider

Have thought about eliminating the window. We never use ours. Its covered with silver bubble wrap.

Use CAUTION if buying from Motion RV windows.

Get a quote, place and pay for an order for one window. Get a call back from sales manager who initially quoted window saying this is not what I need. I ask why & his explanation is "trust me, I know what's best. This is the type window you want. I say no I'm familiar with the window type you are proposing and I decided against it because I want the thicker frame on the unit I ordered. He gets irritated and says he's cancelling order. I say fine.    

Edited by vrocrider