The straight poop on Macerators

Iflyfish

I had a 2005 Winnebago View and I installed a macerator, loved it, once "dumped" sewer over a wall and through a window to a toilet in a friends home in Baja, Mexico. I loved that thing. I watched a poor woman have her dump hose blow up at a dump site while my macerator was blithely emptying my black water tank. Needless to say I want to put one on my 1987 Sunrader with a rear bath.

When I purchased my old macerator their were many on the market and I settled for a hard wired one in the rather large "sewer" compartment in the View. I don't have much room in the Sunrader for this solution.

I know that technology has changed and I once considered one that attached to the dump hose and a garden hose ran the macerator rather than electricity, as mine did.

Any ideas what I might look for to use in my Sunrader? I really like using a garden hose to do dumps.

Thanks,

Iflyfishwithcleanhandscauseofmymacerator

Anyone used the SewerSolution? It looks like it is easy to use and requires no electricity.

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Iflyfish said:

I had a 2005 Winnebago View and I installed a macerator, loved it, once "dumped" sewer over a wall and through a window to a toilet in a friends home in Baja, Mexico. I loved that thing. I watched a poor woman have her dump hose blow up at a dump site while my macerator was blithely emptying my black water tank. Needless to say I want to put one on my 1987 Sunrader with a rear bath.

When I purchased my old macerator their were many on the market and I settled for a hard wired one in the rather large "sewer" compartment in the View. I don't have much room in the Sunrader for this solution.

I know that technology has changed and I once considered one that attached to the dump hose and a garden hose ran the macerator rather than electricity, as mine did.

Any ideas what I might look for to use in my Sunrader? I really like using a garden hose to do dumps.

Thanks,

Iflyfishwithcleanhandscauseofmymacerator

Just used the Sewer Solution for the first time and it works great!!

also great to have on board when traveling with folks that use LOTS of painkillers, whom tend to not be regular but once bi monthly...

fortunately I myself am not that person but I have those in my family that are... and WOW Ihave seen horrible things made that require chopping devices and bring real meaning to the term "turd cutter" on the toilet for the older style flush levers used on our rigs from the 80s.

there are portable macerator  pumps you can get they screw on the dump valve  and hook up to the battery with clips like a battery charger. I            t    hink they come in 120 volt too. I heard of a guy made one out of a kitchen garbage disposial. must had one laying around those arnt cheap but factory built ones not eather

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Totem said:

also great to have on board when traveling with folks that use LOTS of painkillers, whom tend to not be regular but once bi monthly...

fortunately I myself am not that person but I have those in my family that are... and WOW Ihave seen horrible things made that require chopping devices and bring real meaning to the term "turd cutter" on the toilet for the older style flush levers used on our rigs from the 80s.

Ouch!! Will need to lay off the fiber! Fortunately mine doesn't smell.....:)

Iflyfishdownwindfrommyself

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, 5Toyota said:

there are portable macerator  pumps you can get they screw on the dump valve  and hook up to the battery with clips like a battery charger. I            t    hink they come in 120 volt too. I heard of a guy made one out of a kitchen garbage disposial. must had one laying around those arnt cheap but factory built ones not eather

Thanks, I have now used the Sewer Solution and it works great!! There is a bit more work than with my old one that was hardwired in the sewer compartment, but it seems to work as well and WAY CHEAPER. 

Iflyfihswithcleandumptanks

Good to know it works for you I have been considering one I have arrangements to dump at the house but it would be a lot easier with a pump instead of having to drive next to the tank that's on a hill.

• 1 month later...

Fixed my problem for about $40 and it works fine. A clear plastic 45* sewer fitting with a garden hose connection that points directly into the black tank and a 10' extension to my existing sewer hose. The clear fitting lets you see when the black tank is clean and the water jet goes to the very end of the tank no problem. Of course it's no good for an uphill run but in my case that's not a problem. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:28 PM, 5Toyota said:

thanks I haven't been on here in a while . would like to know more about the sewer solution

It works great, see video above. I used to have an electrical macerator in my Winnebago View but could not fit one in my 87 Sunrader. Got the Sewer Solution and it works great. 

• 4 months later...

I like the idea of the sewer solution but am interested in adding a macerator to my rig for remote dumping into backcountry pit toilets or the like, someplace where there would not be shore water to use to get the thing flowing

On 1/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, defrag4 said:

I just ordered this badboy, a bit overpriced but seems to come with everything you need except for a garden hose. Will report back

http://amzn.to/2D6dgLW

That''s the one I had on my Winnebago View. It worked great. Had to replace the impeller once. but other than that, worked great. The price is about $100 less than I paid for it. Be sure and rinse it so you don't have buildup on the impeller. I used Angel Soft toilet tissue. I did an experiment and that broke down better than other brands and it is way cheaper than RV tp. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 8:05 PM, Iflyfish said:

That''s the one I had on my Winnebago View. It worked great. Had to replace the impeller once. but other than that, worked great. The price is about $100 less than I paid for it. Be sure and rinse it so you don't have buildup on the impeller. I used Angel Soft toilet tissue. I did an experiment and that broke down better than other brands and it is way cheaper than RV tp. 

thanks, nothing goes down or toilet except for #1 and #2, we go mexican style and just have a trashcan in the bathroom for paper, works well for us

That would also be Chinese style as well. In china it is common for used pooh paper to fill the trash cans in bathrooms. In Germany the toilets have two buttons, #1 and #2 whereby each dispenses a different amount of flush water to conserve resources.

I recall seeing coin operated TP dispensers in Great Britain and in some locations in Switzerland. Some people will stop at nothing to make a buck. Also I recall one of the governors of the swiss found he was able to reduce debt and blight by banishing prostitution to the border regions and further surrounding the brothels with a pay doors that simply took a few coins... if you wanted to go in you had to pay the government "toll" door.

- No I did not go in , was just curious on the signs. They also had big what we would call "inappropriate" pictured bill boards advertising this. There have been some times when I am tailgating or have the only RV where I have really thought about having a coin operated bubble gum style door knob on my toys bathroom. Its the worst when you use the toy for tailgating and find your tanks full after 2 hours of people.

Instead of RV tp we use the cheapest stuff from a dollar store

17 hours ago, linda s said:

Yup the single ply stuff from the dollar store is the best RV TP there is. Breaks down to nothing almost immediately.

Yeah, that's the problem: I prefer it not to break down until after it's left my hands. ?

1 hour ago, sweetleon said:

Yeah, that's the problem: I prefer it not to break down until after it's left my hands. ?

Hey I'm a girl. We can't pee on the ground that easy so the toilet is sacred. It works fine. Never had a problem with it.

Linda S