I have a 1986 Gulfstream Conquest.  At one time there was a small water leak that was corrected very quickly.  The walls are sound and solid, however one area about the size of half a shoe box lid (that stretches over 2 panels) is soft and dry.

I would like to replace these panels.  They are in the rear, it was the refrigerator exhaust vent that leaked, the panels cover the area over the rear kitchen and the bathroom.  How difficult is it to replace the panels?  Do the walls around the bathroom and shower have to be taken down?  Also, where can I get replacement panels. 

The ceiling panels that are currently in place do not have water stains or look bad, it's just that I know that they crackle when touched.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

On some rvs the roof is built as a unit and then installed on top of the built walls. Don't know about yours. But if its this style then its a PIA to replace a panel.

hey there,  i know replacement panels can be ordered from some rv dealerships via their parts department. a local dealer ordered mine.  you could probably find them online as well, shipping my be a concern?. good luck joe from dover.

If it does not "look" bad I would leave it alone.

Your panels are 20+ years old, no matter where you get the panels from they will not match, 

If you want to replace anyway I would try a local Mobile home supply place before an RV dealer