Bypass pumping fuel from rear tank

Pogoskm

A buddy of mine suggested i look up something he's seen done on other mid 80's trucks (not sure if its been done on toyota motorhome). I have a 89 itasca with dual fuel tanks. I have to pull over, open lids and flip switches and it transfers gas in rear backup tank to front tank in case of emergency. I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the pump and just have the truck pull fuel from both tanks at the same time? I'm not even sure if this is possible. Thanks for any input.

7 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Could you not just relocate the switch to somewhere more convenient, like the dash? Hard to suggest anything else without more details on what you've got installed now.

The switch is on the dash it is easy to do its just two small 15 gallon tanks. I'm afraid of it just not working down the road so I was wondering if I could just turn it into a 30 gallon tank. Just don't want to be banking on this rear tank and all of a sudden the pump doesn't work for some reason. I'm new to rvs I might just be worrying too much haha.  Idk if this is original or something that somebody installed 

99% chance that its installed by a P/O. With out good pictures and a drawing of how the hoses run, anything we say would be a guess.

Here is the problem. The stock tank has a high pressure pump and a fuel return system it is also controlled by the trucks fuel injection system so in order for this to work it would have to be a mirror image of the stock tank with a switch as far as the hardware is concerned. The easy way would be a dash mounted switch and an auxiliary low pressure high volume pump to pump fuel into the stock tank when it's low. Other than that remove both tanks and have some one weld a low point fitting into both tanks

One filler or 2? Are the bottom of the tanks equal.