Hi folks, I am getting ready to repair the water damage on the driver side of my 87' Dolphin. The wood framing is rotted starting right behind the drivers seat and extends back 5'. I found water entrance point at the roof/sidewall junction. Has anyone made a similar repair? Does anyone know the best place to start the wood framing replacement?  The floor seems to be the logical choice, but having done some research where folks start at the roof and work down. I would appreciate any input on this type of problem. Thanks! blazer6161

• 2 weeks later...

hey there. do you have any more info ? or pics of the damage? if you noticed water damage at roof and sidewall, inspect the trim strip . hard to say what and how until you totally inspect all suspect areas. if any area feels "mushy" to the touch, i would assume you have a severe problem with rot.  joe from dover.

I had an 87 Dolphin with the bathroom in back.  My rot problem was worst in the shower, and also the kitchen counter by the sink.  Hope these areas are clear for you but suggest you check them.

• 3 years later...