Anybody have a firm, experienced opinion on what size belt (and PN) is correct for 3.0 AC? I've been fighting a loose, squealing belt for too long; tightened it as far as possible and have finally decided that it was probably oversized from the get-go!

Appreciate the help. :unsure:

How about this.

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~belt~v~cmprs~pulley~99332-10890-78.html?Make=Toyota&Model=Pickup&Year=1991&Submodel=2+Wheel+Drive&Filter

Should be only a little more at your local dealer when you include shipping. I would buy a small item like this locally but I would buy the Toyota one not a random make replacement. Lots of bad belts being sold now

Linda S

6 hours ago, Ctgriffi said:

Anybody have a firm, experienced opinion on what size belt (and PN) is correct for 3.0 AC? I've been fighting a loose, squealing belt for too long; tightened it as far as possible and have finally decided that it was probably oversized from the get-go!

Appreciate the help. :unsure:

Just a little tip: If you will put this exact search term in Google = "1991 toyota pickup oreillys" and then add the part you need you will be amazed at how accurate and easy the results are.

I used a Gates belts and do not have the belt number handy.  In hindsight I would have went for the OE Toyota belt as by now you realize they are not easy to access or change on the V6  

6 hours ago, RedEmerald said:

Just a little tip: If you will put this exact search term in Google = "1991 toyota pickup oreillys" and then add the part you need you will be amazed at how accurate and easy the results are.

Uhh, I'm pretty familiar with Google (since I build websites for a living), but anywho... The original belt did come from O'Reilly's and they, like most other part resellers, seem to work from a common DB that falls into the category of "close enough for guv'ment work." :) That's why I come here, post things, read up and pick the brains of people who know stuff.

Sounds like the general consensus is: go with the Toyota part on this one, which sounds like a good idea to me. Alternatively, I may just grab a 1/2" V-belt that's ~1" shorter than what I've got. Thanks, everyone!

I replaced my AC belt a few months ago on my 3.0.  I was able to get the part number from the old belt and it crossed over to a Gates 13A0900 belt.  I put it on and it fit perfectly (after tension adjustment). 

FYI - this PN may cross reference to various other manufacturer part numbers.  If I recall correctly, the belt is 0.500" wide by appr 36" in total length.  With the tension adjustment on the AC belt, it fit fine, although I believe that other belts with similar lengths (i.e. 35 / 35.5 / 36.5") would also probably fit ok, but may require more or less tension adjustment. 

Also, it had been a while since the tension bolt had been adjusted, and in loosening it for belt removal, the head snapped right off of it.  So, I replaced it with a makeshift stainless bolt since my local Fastenal did not have a bolt with threads on the entire shaft length, so I used stainless all thread with a stainless nut tack welded to make the head (I also think these were metric thread sizes).  So far no problems, other than having to go back under a few weeks later and readjust (tighten).  If it loosens again, I will probably put another nut on it to help lock it into place (assuming that the bolt is loosening due to vibration as opposed to the belt stretching a bit).

And, of course, the AC belt required removal of two other belts, but not a extremely difficult process, just a bit more time involved.

Edited by pinkflydxx

14 hours ago, linda s said:

How about this.

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~belt~v~cmprs~pulley~99332-10890-78.html?Make=Toyota&Model=Pickup&Year=1991&Submodel=2+Wheel+Drive&Filter

Should be only a little more at your local dealer when you include shipping. I would buy a small item like this locally but I would buy the Toyota one not a random make replacement. Lots of bad belts being sold now

Linda S

Thanks, Linda! That's very helpful, partly because it mentions the length of the belt: 890mm, which is very close to 35" (shorter than most of the aftermarket recommendations).

Already mentioned above, but make sure to go back after a while and recheck the belt tension. They tend to stretch a bit at first.

Since you've got to remove other belts to install the A/C belt, maybe consider changing them all since they're off. Your choice, of course. And carry the old ones around for at least a while, just in case the new one fails. Not unheard of.