Antenna & power outlet box.

Jeffrey Burger

Where specifically would one find the fuse connection for the 12v tv amplifier outlet (cigarette lighter power portion). It was working up until yesterday. '93 Itasca Spirit.(Winnebago Warrior clone)! Note the amplifier pilot light turns on and off still.

It was fairly common for the lighter to have a poor solder joint on the circuit board, the amp and the lighter are on the same fuse. It's a fairly simple fix if you have a soldering iron just touch up the connection.

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Burger said:

Where specifically would one find the fuse connection for the 12v tv amplifier outlet (cigarette lighter power portion). It was working up until yesterday. '93 Itasca Spirit.(Winnebago Warrior clone)! Note the amplifier pilot light turns on and off still.

I think it gets power from the 12v dc line that powers the cigerette lighter adapter beside the switch.   Ditto for light fixture over small table/settee.     TO see the actual stuff, pry the paneling that forms the side of the overhead cabinet - a small piece of paneling forms the side of the compartment that encloses the speaker, the 120vac outlet and the tv amplifier, and the 12vdc cig lighter outlet.   The panel is fairly easy to pry off.    I gave up on my antenna / amp some time ago.  I use a set of rabbit ears - works good enough for me. 

I wasn't clear enough in my explanation...I am wanting to use the 12v plug only. I was using it to power a small 150 watt inverter. I'm not using the antenna portion. I have found out that the rear bath layout that I have has a different 12v fuse panel setup than the other "rear lounge" style layout. Apparently that unit does have a fuse for the antenna outlet assy. , Along with the rest of the fuses. 

After taking the the plate off the cabinet bottom I monkeyed with the blade connections and now it works.(Yay!) But I still would really like to know where the fuse is!!!! Thanks for always being there Linda S. By the way!20161020_145719.thumb.jpg.ea3349c107c45cfaa0270f6e6e77b4ef.jpg

7 hours ago, Jeffrey Burger said:

After taking the the plate off the cabinet bottom I monkeyed with the blade connections and now it works.(Yay!) But I still would really like to know where the fuse is!!!! Thanks for always being there !20161020_145719.thumb.jpg.ea3349c107c45cfaa0270f6e6e77b4ef.jpg

Linda is correct if the antenna light works so does the lighter circuit if you need to find the fuse start removing them one at a time till the light goes out it will be in the coach some where and generally will have a red wire.

8 hours ago, Jeffrey Burger said:

Therein is my point...I HAVE pulled every fuse and NONE of them control that outlet...! (Sorry for the caps, LOL!)

I feel your pain every manufacture had their own ideal about wiring and many were not the same year to year. My friend has a Nova Star exactly like mine same year different month of manufacture she has a fuse panel where mine does not inside of the coach battery box. It's got to be connected to some thing and unless some one got creative it will be fused. Look for taped up wires, wire nuts, cable ties and things that might point to modified wiring. There are many people out there that twist two wires together and it works then they become experts I have seen some really scary stuff.

It had an antenna before I bought it, everything is there but the aerial that cranks up. The bracket on the roof and hand crank are all there.

Edited by Jeffrey Burger

We have one of these in our unit and though the light comes on, we've never got any reception using it with our crank up antenna. Can someone explain it's function?

1 hour ago, Rogue Runner said:

We have one of these in our unit and though the light comes on, we've never got any reception using it with our crank up antenna. Can someone explain it's function?

If the light comes on the only thing it means the circuit board has power. What you need is a volt meter. Remove the connection at the antenna there is a a small wire in the end of the connector touch one volt meter lead to the small wire (be careful not to touch the metal part of the connector at the same time) and the other lead to the screw on end if there is 12 volts the amp inside of the antenna is toes up (pretty common problem).

If it has the antenna parts it most likely was factory wired, it's connected to power some where what happens if you remove all the fuses?

Don't forget there are at least 2 fuse panels. The Toyota truck fuse panel AND the house 12v fuse strip.

9 hours ago, Jeffrey Burger said:

I can't imagine why that would be fused through the Toyota electrical system.That would not make sense.

Yes that is unlikely. It is an added part during coach production. Most manufactures had their own ideal on wire colors for +/-  I'm not going to say it's a fact but usually the lighter/antenna wire is red + while the other will have a common theme like black or blue. Know any one that owns a toner? They are commonly used to trace phone wires.

• 4 weeks later...

In my 1988 Sea Breeze the fuse is in a holder behind the TV antenna box. Pull the box out and look along the red wire there is a white fuse holder on mine with a glass fuse. I agree that if the red light is on the fuse is ok. The cigarette plug socket is available at any auto parts store for a few bucks, get the heavy duty one if you are going to use a inverter on it.