What model Sunrader is this??

Sunrader?

Any body know what model this sunrader is or know the history of these things? We just bought it, with plans to restore it and travel and were curius about them. The interwebs doesnt seem to have too much info on them. It appears similiar to the Sunrader Adventure but the roof doesnt pop up.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Sunrader1.jpg

Sunrader2.jpg

Very cool. Definitely a Sunrader and I know the name but can't for the life of me think of it right now. It will come to me. Some of these were campers but some were more like a party van. Lots of seating but no amenities. I know of no place to find more info on them even if I could remember what they were called. They made so few of them. Also made some with the front section making a large extended cab but still a truck bed in the back. Looks like you got a great deal.

Linda S

Finally found the info on your camper. From Sunrader Bob who has since passed away but knew everything about Sunraders. Yes even more than me. Sunchaser, such a cool name

I believe your rig is known as a "Sunchaser". Monterey Leisure built these for just three years, 1984-86 with most built in 1985. The body was then  "morphed" into the Sunrader Adventure I & II with the addition of a pop-up roof, a new cab over section, and the 137" C&C chassis with a full floating rear axle, for 1986-1989 production. Although only about 50 Adventures were built, even fewer Sunchasers are thought to have been built.
Although there was no axle recall for the Sunchaser, there was a recall issued for early Sunchasers due to excessive driveshaft "Whipping". A larger diameter driveshaft was provided by Monterey leisure as a correction.
Keep Havin' Fun!
Sunrader Bob
some pics
n_a
Pic above is not a camper. More like a mini limo. Seats 7
Toy_Van_01.jpg