Toyota Roof Repair / Replacement

pinkflydxx

I would like to find an RV repair center that could do a roof repair or replacement for my 91 Toyota Winnebago Warrior (due to the inevitable A/C sagging).  I am located in Central Kentucky and would like to have your recommendations and suggestions on a repair service in my general area.  I have done various internet searches, but the "Big Box" RV sales outlets are non-responsive or excessively expensive.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by pinkflydxx

There was a post on here where someone had their roof redone by a traveling RV repair guy in a Toyota!  I don't remember the details and could not find it in a search but remember that he charged $35 hour and seemed to do a good job. Anyone can find the post?

fixing that sag is tough.  I think the design is at fault.    The metal crossovers are not under the AC.   I saw a "fix" once - 2 pieces of angle iron running cross ways. I presume they had some sort of members running long ways between the crossovers.   

Mine sags a bit too.  No leaks but I do not like that water pools on top when parked level.   I recently took the inside cover off the AC and cut a 2x4 box to fit around the ac, added a larger boards and another crossing those then cut a stud that I used to jack up the ceiling.  It has been sitting that way so I will see if it help after removal.  I doubt it will make much difference.      Without the cabinets in the way, I would have fitted trusses but short of removing or cutting cabinet / doors I see no way to do it.

I think I will just live with it.  

One thought:  If you are having work done on the roof (like a new ac installed) INSIST That large boards are layed over the top as a scaffold using the sides as support.

Look at your interior layout. On mine I was able to put 2 supports in, one on the sink counter and one at the dinette set back.  I jacked up the roof a bit and then cut the poles to fit. Removed the jack and the roof stayed up. Look at a big box store at stair handrails for good looking stuff.

Thanks for the responses.  At this point, it is not leaking, however, due to the pooling around the A/C unit, I think that it is just a matter of time that a leak will occur.  I like the idea of putting aluminum support channels along side of the rafters and spanning from side header to side header, which would require removing cabinets and the interior ceiling panels. 
I am meeting with an RV repair guy tomorrow to review the situation and get his opinion on possible options.  

i have a similar rig (92 winnie warrior) due to pin holes in the original aluminum sheet metal covering the roof, and a very severe hail storm last spring, i had an entire new roof installed by a local rv shop. i had estimates from 3 shops all within 40 miles from where i live in east central ohio. all the estimates were 5 to 6 k. lucky for me my insurance paid the bill. what i found was ,  most shops only want to do something as labor intensive as a whole new roof in the "off" season (winter), it took the rv shop all summer to get my rig done. i did not get it back until november 2nd. the shop did a great job, which included re arching the aluminum supports which "corrected" the sagging therefore eliminating the water pooling around the ac, and any pooling on the entire roof. i was fortunate to have the work done before any water damage could occur.  just wanted to offer my experience in case you do decide on a new roof and wish to have a professional shop do the work. good luck. joe from dover

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, pinkflydxx said:

I would like to find an RV repair center that could do a roof repair or replacement for my 91 Toyota Winnebago Warrior (due to the inevitable A/C sagging).  I am located in Central Kentucky and would like to have your recommendations and suggestions on a repair service in my general area.  I have done various internet searches, but the "Big Box" RV sales outlets are non-responsive or excessively expensive.  Thanks in advance for your help.

This is how a fellow member fixed his roof sag