Winterizing & fix siding

Godog45

•  new to RV have a 83 Sandtana tilt top..  as we having some warm weather I want to re winterize it. the owner said she never put rv anti freeze in tank
  •  I noticed that the plastic lines sag a bit so the previous owners theory that all the water drains out my be false.
  • 1. Do I close the valve and run the antifreeze thru the pump & sink?
  • 2. How to fix siding that has started to separate here in pic?

s

KIMG1021.jpg

On the exterior do you have a connection for a water hose?

Is there a water heater, and if so does it have a bypass?

nfo on delam repair. I've never used it so this just info only.

http://www.delamrepair.com/index.html

thanks WME  , info  interesting   on sidings lots of informatioweb sit thatn  on and u tube videos on subject . ill have to review them.  i just have some separation as in the picture. i was just going to screw some  horizontal strips to flatten the bumps out . 

Edited by Godog45

16 hours ago, BobBeery said:

On the exterior do you have a connection for a water hose?

Is there a water heater, and if so does it have a bypass?

Bob.., the sandtana tilt trop only has the  water  fill   opening for tank. i have no heater,but would like to put a gas heater in as i have a gas stove. is , i have gas stove, electric frig, sink.only the sink is h up to the water tank and a toilet  fill manually. simple set up but it suits my purposes

Edited by Godog45
added info

3 hours ago, Godog45 said:

Bob.., the sandtana tilt trop only has the  water  fill   opening for tank. i have no heater,but would like to put a gas heater in as i have a gas stove. is , i have gas stove, electric frig, sink.only the sink is h up to the water tank and a toilet  fill manually. simple set up but it suits my purposes

Water heaters especially without a bypass complicate winterizing, so for you we can skip that.  The connection for a hose is handy for using compressed air to blow out your water lines.  So... drain your fresh water tank, add some RV antifreeze to the tank, turn on the water pump, and run each faucet separately until you see the antifreeze then turn off.  Pour maybe a cupful of the antifreeze down the drain to protect the trap.  Try using only a pint or a quart of antifreeze in the tank, add more if needed.  You will want to flush the tank in the spring so the less antifreeze in the tank the quicker and easier that will be.  Note--RV antifreeze is not poisonous nor harmful but as much as possible you still should avoid consuming it.  Good luck.