Camco 59333 2 stage regulator

Just finished installing a Suburban SF42FQ furnace in my MH.

Decided to replace the regulator and hose at the same time. I have a horizontal tank with a 2 stage regulator.

Long story short, I ended up with a total of (4) bad regulators.

In Camco's defense, the customer service was fantastic. Each time they sent me a new regulator, no questions asked. I finally decided to try a different supplier. Propane Warehouse in Arizona has a similar product about the same price. No problems with the new regulator, works fine.

This is definitely a QC issue. Just a heads-up if you're looking to upgrade.

That's kind of scary. They know they are selling these regulators to do it yourselfers. All the customer service in the world can't save a missed bad regulator from killing someone. Lots of people assume that if it's new it must be good

Linda S

11 hours ago, linda s said:

That's kind of scary. They know they are selling these regulators to do it yourselfers. All the customer service in the world can't save a missed bad regulator from killing someone. Lots of people assume that if it's new it must be good

Linda S

Like many products today Linda, the manufacturing is outsourced (China).

Two of the regulators had a noticeable leak around the diaphragms where the two halves meet. The others had bad internals. My concern was the leaks didn't show up immediately, but several days later. Lucky they add odorizes to the propane. ?

The company has to be aware of this problem. Maybe a bad batch and they just send them out anyway. They do have a good reputation.